The Diplomat

Green Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by TastyBrew

• “So I bought this late at night and didnt read the ingredients very carefully. Turns out this is a mostly rooibos tea. There's some green, but the rooibos wins the battle. It actually is good for a...” Read full tasting note
    TastyBrew 357 tasting notes
  • “Tried this today via *tastybrew* though I didn't have much time to really pay attention to it. Thankfully I've got more to play with when we're up at the cottage and I can take time to drink tea...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4026 tasting notes
  • “hmmm didn't really get the chicory or barley notes in this very distinctly, but they are probably helping to mute the rooibos some. that and the little bit of tea added. the caramel flavor is not...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 709 tasting notes
  • “Thank you so much Shelley Lorraine, for the samples you sent me a while back. This one is interesting because it is rooibos mixed with green tea (that must be hojicha if it doesn't get bitter...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1083 tasting notes

From Java Tea Co

Product details
A charismatic ambassador of peace. Subtle. Sweet. Inspired. The healthier Caramel Macchiato. Made with real caramel creme chunks. Incited by the few who have brought together many

Ingredients:

Organic Rooibos, Organic Green Tea, Organic Chicory Root, Organic Chocolate Barley, Organic & Natural Flavors, Caramel Crème, Organic Cornflowers, Almond, Polyphenol Extract.

*Contains nuts & milk
*Less than 10mg of caffeine per serving

About Java Tea Co View company

So I bought this late at night and didnt read the ingredients very carefully. Turns out this is a mostly rooibos tea. There’s some green, but the rooibos wins the battle. It actually is good for a rooibos but that stupid aftertaste still comes through. My mom loved this as it does have some coffee flavor in it. For some reason when I ordered it, I thought it was a black tea. I’m thinking next time I’ll mix some black in cause the caramel flavor in this is good. Anybody know of any other tricks for masking the rooibos aftertaste?

TastyBrew

Ooh, I like how you think!

hahaha

Kaylee

Maybe some whole milk or cream?

Tried this today via tastybrew though I didn’t have much time to really pay attention to it. Thankfully I’ve got more to play with when we’re up at the cottage and I can take time to drink tea on the edge of the dock :)

Cavocorax

That sounds really awesome. I want to sit by some water and drink tea.

Wait. Unless there’s a bajillion mosquito. #wimp

I get eaten alive by mosquitoes…..but “usually” it’s not too bad at the cottage except in the evening…but that’s why we stand around the fire in the evening :)

hmmm didn’t really get the chicory or barley notes in this very distinctly, but they are probably helping to mute the rooibos some. that and the little bit of tea added.
the caramel flavor is not very strong. but that is fine with me.
i guess i don’t have too much more to say about this mellow tea.
i will happily drink the whole sample.
thanks again TastyBrew!

Thank you so much Shelley Lorraine, for the samples you sent me a while back. This one is interesting because it is rooibos mixed with green tea (that must be hojicha if it doesn’t get bitter after six minutes.) I really love it. It tastes like a cappuccino somehow. And the rooibos doesn’t scratch my throat at all…. I can’t even tell its a rooibos. However, the second steep tastes a bit like tobacco, so the first cup was way better. But this one is dreamy. It’s sweet and somehow the steep color is dark, even though it is a blend that intentionally avoided caffeine. I’ll savor this sample!

Backlog:

I made this one yesterday when I was sampling a couple of others as well. This one came to me from TastyBrew. Of the three I sampled at the time (incl. Disney Mad Hatter and Java Tea Co Revolutionary) I liked this one the least. I was surprised at how little the rooibos stood out in both this one and in the Revolutionary. In this one, though, it seemed like the caramel flavor was trying too hard to take over and it ended up producing a strange musty flavor. It was still drinkable, but not something I’d want to have again.

Really amazing coffee flavor in this one. I wasn’t sure how I’d like the caramel, but my sister and I both enjoyed the subtle sweetness. Great for anyone looking for a healthier substitute for their coffee needs.

Loved this one from the sample pack, too. Coolest part—they actually use real caramel! Delicious, delicious, delicious.