Pomegranate Pear

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From JennifersTeaGarden.com

Sweet pear calms and soothes while tart and tasty pomegranate adds color and zest to this vibrant blend! Simply delightful and wonderful iced. Naturally caffeine free.

About JennifersTeaGarden.com View company

Sending the rest to Azzrian as well as the Replace Traveling Box B.

Sugary!!!!

Wooooooo!

See previous notes :)

Funny, I mentioned not having any good pomegranate teas in a recent tasting note and suddenly I’ve had a huge influx of them! First the 52teas Pom Blackberry, now this one from the Traveling Tea Box! How could I resist two fruits that I love so much combined into one?

This is a bright pink cup due to the hibiscus, but for once it’s actually quite purposeful in a blend. Without it I think this tea would be worse: which is what you want in an ingredient, right? But so often hibiscus is just thrown in as a filler with no place in a blend. But here, it mimics that tart bite of a fresh pomegranate seed quite nicely, in taste as well as color.

The pear is definitely at the forefront here, so nice and crisp and refreshing! I do love pear teas, though I don’t really have a whole lot of them. I don’t know if there’s actually pomegranate flavoring in here or it’s just the effect of the hibiscus, but it’s a really nice counterpoint to the pear. Two fruits I never would have thought of combining, but now I’m intrigued! I wonder how a pear poached in honey and pomegranate juice would go over?

Anyway, this is a really great iced tea, one of the best fruit tisanes I’ve tried. Finally, hibiscus used correctly! That alone makes me rejoice, but the fruit flavors here are just so natural tasting. Now I want to try more from this company!

This is really quite lovely. I was worried (as I usually am with fruit blends like this) … worried about the hibiscus. But the hibiscus does a really good job here. It colors the tisane and makes it a pretty, ruby color, it adds some body to the cup, but it does little more than that. That is to say, I can’t taste the hibiscus. This tastes more sweet than tart – and the pear comes through really well, as does the pomegranate. I can taste notes of apple and berry too.

Overall, a very nice tisane. Tastes great iced too.

Thank you TeaEqualsBliss for sending this my way.