Edit tea info Last updated by Joseph Wesley Black Tea

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I did NOT want to be the first to review this tea...mostly because my notes are short and to the point, without a lot of descriptors. This will probably be the same...my apologies to Joseph...” Read full tasting note
    scribbles 200 tasting notes

From Joseph Wesley Black Tea

Joseph Wesley’s Black Tea No. 1 was harvested by hand in the lush mountainous village of Kurseong in India’s famous Darjeeling region. This bio-dynamically grown organic tea from India’s prized Makaibari Estate personifies the exotic and colorful tastes of a classic Darjeeling: “the champagne of teas.” Like all great Darjeeling teas, this tea was set before fully oxidizing, giving it a complex taste and aroma; spicy on the front with a nuanced floral finish. The tippy leaves exhibit a beautiful array of colors and a bright clear soup. Picked before the monsoon, Joseph Wesley’s Black Tea No. 1 has a modest amount of caffeine and can be enjoyed throughout the day.

About Joseph Wesley Black Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

I did NOT want to be the first to review this tea…mostly because my notes are short and to the point, without a lot of descriptors. This will probably be the same…my apologies to Joseph Wesley…"cos this deserves more than I can/will give.

I will start off this note by stating I am not a Darjeeling sipper. This sample that I received from Joseph Wesley may just change that! I haven’t thoroughly explored the realm of darjeeling’s because I thought I didn’t like them…that muscatel thing. Of the very few I’ve tried it had this fruit note that just did not please my palate.

Well, I have to say, I think I get now why people love darjeelings. This is not like any Darjeeling I have tasted (so few that my comparison is laughable). The prominent note was spice, followed up by floral (very mild) and finally fruit (can’t pinpoint) but not like the usual muscatel that you find in Darjeeling. Mouthfeel was fairly light making it an excellent choice for an afternoon tea. I didn’t brew it in my usual glass mug, but I recall the liquor being clear coppery reddish.

This Darjeeling really changed my mind…I think that spicy note got me! Thank you Mr. Wesley for introducing me to quality Darjeeling…I wouldn’t have tried it otherwise, but next time I order, I would definitely put this in the cart.