Just a Taste of Spring

Fruit Herbal Rooibos Blend
Calendula Flowers, Cinnamon, Cornflower Petals, Dried Blueberries, Green Rooibos, Hibiscus, Natural Flavours
Hibiscus
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Just Organic Tea

From Just Organic Tea

Our blend of spring fruits and flowers combine the first pink roses, vibrant magenta hibiscus, blue and white cornflowers, and a sprinkling of blueberries, in a base of pure organic green rooibos. Tastes great hot or iced. Naturally caffeine free.

About Just Organic Tea View company

My Just Organic Teas Kickstarter arrived in the mail!
Well, it arrived in the mail about a week ago, but I got it sent to my aunt’s house because I’m moving this weekend.

This smells like a lovely spiced apple cider! Just all the warmth and ALL THE FALL. THE BEST SEASON OF THE YEAR. I was definitely expecting a brighter, rooibos/blueberry tea, rather than the cinnamonny tea that I got, but hey, it’s tea and tea is lovely :)
Definitely a dark red cuppa with the hibiscus. I could have done with a bit less hibiscus, but I’m sure a bit of sweetner would do the trick!

Backlog:

Of the different teas that I’ve tried from Just.Organic.Tea. this one probably stood out as my least favorite. I’m just not a big fan of hibiscus and there is a bit too much hibiscus in this for my liking.

I do like the green rooibos in this … it adds a bright, fruity note to it. (I generally prefer green rooibos to red rooibos because I like that light, fruity flavor of it.) I also like the juicy blueberry taste to this. I would like to taste more rose, and I feel like the hibiscus was sort of overwhelming the delicate rose notes.

It’s sweet and tart and not a bad blend, just not my favorite from this company. On the other hand, my daughter LOVED this. So it was a winner with someone in this family!

This smells nicely like cinnamon and blueberries. There is too much hibiscus flavour though. Might be better cold.

Flavors: Hibiscus

My son loved this so much that he mentioned wanting it again a few times. He had a hard time understanding why he couldn’t with all the tea I have even my samples are more than a cups worth. Of course I had to make sure and include this in the Kickstarter order.
I cold brewed this sample and it was a good choice. I was surprised how nice the cinnamon complemented the blueberry. The hibiscus was not overpowering but added a nice amount of tartness that my son loves.

I saw hibiscus as the second ingredient and was not particularly stoked about trying this sample. And for good reason. Hibiscus, why do you ruin everything?! This tea smells like apple cider… or Christmas. It does not taste like apple cider, at all. Sad day. I wish it tasted the way that it smells because I would be in heaven. But as it is… its definitely not for me. Too much hibiscus not enough everything else. The cinnamon does shine through nicely, but its just not enough to win me over.

Kat_Maria

Oh no, hibby strikes again! :(

lolainred

haha, yes… the hibby definitely strikes again.

madametj

I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels this way about hibiscus! In the traveling tea box I got just a few weeks ago I didn’t even bother to try the teas that had hibiscus as a first ingredient.

lolainred

I’m with you on that one for sure, madametj, let someone else take a swing at those!

You know, Peony flowers are incredibly beautiful. The bushes in the front and back yard have exploded into full bloom and I took it upon myself to bring one of the flowers inside for my desk. The blossom is huge and just keeps getting bigger, and the smell is intoxicating! Apparently the petals are edible too, though I need to do more research before I dig in and start munching on them, because I think the Ents would come and take away my Naturalist license if I poisoned myself on a garden flower. Speaking of spring and flowers, I think I should have a spring cleaning sale in my shop to prepare it for the inevitable onslaught of origami, especially Kusudama flower balls.

Keeping on theme with flowers and spring, today’s tea from Just Organic Tea is Just a Taste of Spring, a blend of Green Rooibos, Calendula Flowers, Hibiscus Flowers, Cinnamon, Cornflowers, and Blueberries. This tea just screams ‘going to be a tart tea’ which has me more than a little worried. I have a real aversion to anything tart…sour I love, but tart and I have a track history of not getting along. The aroma is pretty tart, but there are also strong floral notes and hay notes. Of course there is a blend of sweet and tart from the blueberries, a delicate balance with those berries as to whether or not they will be sweet or tart. The finish is warm spicy cinnamon, reminding me of a patch of warm sunlight on a cool spring day.

The steeped leaves have a much more tart aroma and the cinnamon is much stronger. There are more subtle notes of blueberry and green wood with a touch of hay. The liquid without the collection of spring time things is a really bright blend of tart, floral, and fruity. There is cinnamon warmth that sneaks in around mid-sniff and stays until the finish, building in intensity.

Time for tasting, and I will admit I am a bit apprehensive. The taste is initially quite tart, not mind numbingly convulsion inducing tart, but still I made the pucker face. There are metallic notes from the hibiscus (it always tastes very metallic to me) and a strong blueberry presence that starts tart and fades to sweetness. Around the time the blueberry becomes sweet I notice woody notes from the rooibos and tingly warmth from the cinnamon, the finish is mildly floral. I am not sure how to approach this tea, I cannot recommend it because I am baffled by anyone liking tart things. But luckily the world is vast and everyone’s taste differs, even though I am hardly qualified to talk about a tart tea, I can certainly say this one was different than others I have attempted to try. The spicy notes from the cinnamon took the edge off and added a level of tolerance to a tea usually I would be unable to tolerate.

For photos and blog: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2014/05/just-organic-tea-just-taste-of-spring.html

Nicole

I haven’t done much origami but I looked up the Kusudama flowers balls and those are gorgeous!

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

They are pretty awesome, fairly easy to make while also being very time consuming since you have to fold 60 petals to make a flower ball.

I’m so thankful to get a package of samples from Just Organic Tea! Thank you so much! Quite a few samples. This one is up first. It’s an interesting list of ingredients: green rooibos, blueberries, hibiscus, cinnamon and some flowers. I haven’t seen a blend like this yet. And it’s decaf which is why I picked it tonight. The dry leaves smell sweet. They went into one of my T-Sacs. Just Organic Tea suggests 195 degrees for 4-5 minutes.

Steep #1 // 12 minutes after boiling // 4 – 4 1/2 minutes
I was expecting a red cup, but I realized this is GREEN rooibos. Don’t see many of those! The pinkish color is coming from the blueberry or the hibiscus then. It’s not a red cup, so it’s not a dreaded level of hibiscus. The flavor is a nice combination: I get a hint of blueberry and a little more hibiscus. The hibiscus isn’t an extreme amount, but it is dominant… that’s sad, as I would have loved a dessert-like blueberry and cinnamon cup. There isn’t much of a cinnamon presence either. I don’t like the flavor of green rooibos more than red rooibos, but this works! It’s not a blend I could be in love with, but it’s nice for what is. I’ll love the other teas from Just Organic Tea more…

ashmanra

I have never had green rooibos. How would you describe and compare the red and green. I dislike red.

Tea Sipper

I had to look up my tasting note for Adagio’s green rooibos that I had a couple weeks ago. It’s also the only plain green rooibos I’ve tried. I said it was “tastes like apple or chamomile with a bit of a sourness to it”. I’d say the green is tangy and I like the flavor of the red better.

Courtney

ashmanra I also dislike red, but I can enjoy green rooibos blends. It’s not nearly as offensive to me haha.

I enjoyed this, but think it might be better off iced. It is very fruity but that bit of cinnamon is definitely there. I couldn’t taste many flavors specifically besides mostly fruit and a bit of cinnamon. It was very pleasant, but not necessarily super unique, if that is something you are seeking.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML