Tea Star

Oolong Tea
Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Awkward Soul

• “Love this tea! It so SUPER COOL! Check out the photos! It's a handtied oolong, labelled as the world's first bagless tea bag. It looks like a blooming tea on a string, a tea ornament. With that...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1019 tasting notes
  • “I picked this up on the weekend to share with my parents. It's super cute! As it brews the star POOFS up and becomes huge. Sadly, the flavour was not for any of us. I would say "strong marine...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1378 tasting notes

From Justea

This is what it’s all about. The Tea Star is the world’s first bag-less tea bag to come from Kenya. Hand-tied by the JusTeam in Kenya, the leaves are free to expand without detaching from the string. All the convenience of a loose-leaf tea, but none of the clean-up! You have to steep it to believe it!

Oolong Tea

About Justea View company

Love this tea! It so SUPER COOL! Check out the photos! It’s a handtied oolong, labelled as the world’s first bagless tea bag. It looks like a blooming tea on a string, a tea ornament. With that said, you got a tea bundled together for lots of space to expand and look gorgeous as it steeps, with little waste.

The flavor is really yummy. I went into a panic and bought 15 of them at the World Tea Expo – and from the constant crowd at Justea’s booth during the expo, they were quite popular. The tea star has a really thick creamy texture. Lightly woodsy and toffee sweet. Kind of reminds me of a light gold tipped yunnan black. I got multiple western style steeps out of this tea.

Full review with lots of pictures on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/tea-star-oolong-justea-oolong-owl-tea-review/ So many pictures, this tea is really attractive.

Stephanie

SO cool! I want some!!!

Mandy

When I saw this in your World Tea Expo post, I couldn’t wait for you to review it! So happy it is good and not just pretty, And boy is it pretty!

KiwiDelight

What a unique tea! Lovely review :]

donkeytiara

looks like an underwater pine cone! :)

Tea Sipper

Oh cool! You got to go to the World Tea Expo AND Justea was there! Nice!

I picked this up on the weekend to share with my parents. It’s super cute! As it brews the star POOFS up and becomes huge.

Sadly, the flavour was not for any of us. I would say “strong marine notes” but it tasted like kelp. So seaweedy.

Still, I’m glad I had a chance to try it. Such a neat idea, and I’m sure that people who like darker oolongs would like this a lot more.

Courtney

“strong marine notes” hehe.

OMGsrsly

IDK, it just feels more professional somehow. :)