Hand Made Organic Jin Jun Mei - Wuyi Rock Milk Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by yyz

2 Images

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This was my morning tea at work today. Thank you *yyz* for another interesting tea. I feel like I don't have the knowledge or palate to really understand some of these teas. You've pushed me out...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter3657 578 tasting notes

From Ken Lee - Aliexpress dealer

2013 new Black tea,jin jun mei black tea,250g hand made golden eyebrow tea,wuyi rock milk tea

Producing area:Tong Muguan,Wuyi mountain,Fujian province,China

JinJunMei Black Tea is in the vicinity of cemeteries before eyebrow plucking in Wuyishan National Nature Reserve in the mountains with an elevation of 1500-1800 m of the original ecology of the small species of wild tea quadrimaculata Voss, collecting some bud tip by skilled manual workers picking tea a day, a female worker bud tip can only take about 2 1000, combined with race Zhengshan traditional crafts, handmade by the master the whole, 500 grams each eyebrow JK bud tip to be tens of thousands of stars.
JinJunMei Black Tea has delicate appearance, gorgeous color Baihao, Po bright. Hong Gao Qiang, fruits, flowers that taste of dry, thin, cool, yellow, and green soup , it has a incense smoke flavor.

About Ken Lee - Aliexpress dealer View company

1 Tasting Note

This was my morning tea at work today.

Thank you yyz for another interesting tea. I feel like I don’t have the knowledge or palate to really understand some of these teas. You’ve pushed me out of my comfort zone, and while I may not have “got” all the lessons – I really appreciate the experience and somehow I’m looking at some teas differently. Thank you!!

LOL this one confuses me. First off – I had a little argument in head about what this actually was. In my limited experience Jin Jun Mei is black, Wuyi Rock is oolong, milk is oolong. The leaves looked like a black tea, smelled like a black tea – the side of me that was voting for black finally won the argument and this got chosen for morning (I’m trying to drink black in the morning – oolong in the arvo).
Once I actually was drinking it (at this point there was no doubt it was a black – yay I got it right!!!), my confusion really set in. This has some of the characteristics of a malty, chocolatey Chinese black – that part of me is really happy – it has a really starchy mouth feel – that part of me not so happy (too starchy) – it has that really “high, acidic, white wine, up your nose” thing that I have no idea how to describe – but I don’t like it(ok this goes away as it cools some – that’s a good thing).
Way too many things going on for my poor newbie brain. I’m not sure that it’s that I don’t like this, I think it’s more I don’t understand this. Maybe if I understood the nuances, I could appreciate how they are playing off each other – but for now it just seems like a bunch of noise in my mouth. I think I would like to try this one again 6 months from now and see if I’ve “grown” into it.

yyz

If you have enough try it in very short steeps. Like 5 s poured off slowly ,with boiling water. Not really what I usually do with Chinese blacks but it creates a thinner tea and the flavour is kind of like a cross between caramel and corn syrup. I have some blacks that seem odd and counterintuitive. One was labeled as a green black, but looks like a very tippy black tea and they mean it. Treat it to hot water and you get, those vitamin c like notes, brew it as a picky green and it’s chocolate. This one’s kind of opposite for some reason. I don’t know why they called this a rock tea either it is rolled. I’m used to a milk tea being one thats good to steep in milk. Though I’m not sure I’d do that with this tea. If you want some more to play with let me know, I’d be happy to send it to you:)

TheTeaFairy

Very interesting review Dexter…I think you’ve managed to describe very well how it translated to you.