Honeybush Chai

Chai Honeybush Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Miss Sweet

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This honeybush chai was quite a delight; smooth, sweet with a hint of peppery cinnamon. The addition of horopito pepper puts a kiwi twist on the usual blend of chai spices too, I really wish more...” Read full tasting note
    amber 221 tasting notes

From Kerikeri Organic Tea

A naturally caffeine free blend of sweet South African Honeybush with selected spices and a pinch of native horopito pepper.

About Kerikeri Organic Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

This honeybush chai was quite a delight; smooth, sweet with a hint of peppery cinnamon. The addition of horopito pepper puts a kiwi twist on the usual blend of chai spices too, I really wish more NZ tea companies would use native plants.
And normally I love any excuse for a milky tea, but I ended up drinking this plain because I was too impatient to let brew it any longer. Though I do imagine it would be lovely with milk if you doubled the steeping time.
I might even prefer this over the rooibos Red Baron Chai… perhaps this can be Honeybush Viscount Chai?

LiberTEAS

I have not tried a honeybush chai… it sounds amazing though. I do add honeybush to my own Masterpiece Chai blend and I love how the honey taste compliments the overall flavor of it… I bet this is really good!

Miss Sweet

I’d never tried honeybush chai before either! It makes so much sense though, especially as I sometimes add honey to my regular chai. I’m totally rooting for honeybush to be the next big thing…