Ketepa Pride Kenya Tea Bags

Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by Tabby

• “This was what they told me I had on the plane from Amsterdam to Kenya. May or may not have been. It was on Kenya Air so I'd say it was likely. I did not see the bag though - it was served already...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 563 tasting notes
  • “My brother received a box of this tea as a gift a few months ago. We finally got around to brewing a pitcher of it for sweet tea last night. It's very mild but not weak. It tastes and smells...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 492 tasting notes
  • “I was surprised at how good this tea was. It is a bagged and what appears to be a dust grade tea. I didn't expect it to be good. I just made it for some caffine. However, this tea was really good....” Read full tasting note
    tyler 48 tasting notes
  • “I don't know who said this isn't bitter, but it's STRONG! As a cheap tea, this is one of the best. I was initially wary, but the cheap price tag and the amount made me get it. Flavor wise, it is...” Read full tasting note
    Polonium9 12 tasting notes

From Ketepa

Kenya is one of the world’s largest producer of black tea. Tea is grown at high altitude astride the equator in the rich highlands of Kenya.

Rich volcanic soils, selection of the best tea gardens, careful hand picking and efficient factory processing all combine to give you premium quality tea with that refreshing aroma and taste. No pesticides are applied on Kenyan tea due to favourable climatic conditions thus ensuring a healthy beverage.

Over 450,000 tea farmers derive their livelihood from tea growing in Kenya. They export over 300,000 MT of black tea per annum to various destinations world wide.

73% of Kenya Tea Packers (Ketepa) is owned by these farmers, through Kenya Tea Development Agency (KTDA) while 27% is owned by Kenya Tea Growers Association (KTGA).

When you choose Ketepa tea, you choose 100% Kenyan tea, one of the best teas the world could offer.

About Ketepa View company

This was what they told me I had on the plane from Amsterdam to Kenya. May or may not have been. It was on Kenya Air so I’d say it was likely. I did not see the bag though – it was served already brewed.

It was good. A strong, basic supermarket level of black tea. I had a shot of Amarula after dinner, though and I had a bit left when they brought the tea. Adding the splash of Amarula to this tea made it very, very good. It smoothed it out and made it creamy while bringing a hint of fruit flavor to the cup. I’m definitely going to experiment with Amarula in some basic black teas.

And here are some pictures from the trip.
Not the best. These were all from my phone so I’d have some to use quickly for blog posts. The real pictures from the semi-pro will take awhile to clean up for viewing. He’s a perfectionist like that. :)

so jealous! how did you book your trip etc? lol ok maybe a pm would be better! I want to know moar! :)

Nicole

lol… I’ll send you a pm. :)

My brother received a box of this tea as a gift a few months ago. We finally got around to brewing a pitcher of it for sweet tea last night. It’s very mild but not weak. It tastes and smells like generic, everyday black tea, but without any harshness. There’s no bitter aftertaste. It’s completely smooth and malty. My brother described it as sort of creamy.

Others have said that it can stand long steep times without getting bitter, so I will definitely try that.

Iced 5 min, 15 sec

I was surprised at how good this tea was. It is a bagged and what appears to be a dust grade tea. I didn’t expect it to be good. I just made it for some caffine. However, this tea was really good. It was not bitter like other dust grade black teas. It was slightly malty, and just plain good. I didn’t add anything to it. I would recommend this tea above Lipton and PG Tips bagged black tea.

I don’t know who said this isn’t bitter, but it’s STRONG!

Flavor wise, it is FANTASTIC! When I go mineral collecting early in the morning, I brew a cup of this with a Ceylon tea and it is just FANTASTIC! Strong, smooth, will give you a boost and has a distinctly malty smell to it.

All in all, highly recommended for a morning tea when the early mornings await you and you have the morning “uuurrrrgggg uuuuhhhhh gguuurrrrrr” language.

Flavors: Malt

Boiling 8 min or more

Hands down my favorite black tea at the moment. Simply put, this tea is the best quality black Kenyan tea you can find for it’s price. Found it here: www.peakcoffeeandtea.com.

Ketepa Pride Tea Bags: This tea is produced by use of tea with finest granules to enable it infuse fully and fast. The bags are prevented from tearing by use of heat sealing. Its quality is ensured by use of state-of-the-art machines. It comes in enveloped, tagless and tagged tea bags. Buy Ketepa Pride Tea today. http://www.amerikengreen.com/ketepa/ketepa.html

This is my favorite black tea. My husband and I visited Kenya in 2004 and this was the tea we drank while there. We brought some home as a gift, but soon found that teas we drank previously paled in comparison. It smells earthy, brews beautifully and tastes lovlier the stronger you brew it. It is never harsh or bitter, and in truth Ketepa Pride has ruined me for most other black teas. I seek it high and low, panic when my stash is running low and often carry it with me when traveling.