Japanese Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

• “I'm not really much of a green tea person..maybe because I am not patient enough to wait for a minute after boiling? This one turns out okay for me most of the time but I'm excited to try good...” Read full tasting note
    yssah 89 tasting notes
  • “I found a handful of these individually wrapped green tea bags from Kirkland in a purse! I drank a lot of this tea a while back, and it was my very first experience with the sachet format. I wonder...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 1096 tasting notes
  • “Drinking the Kirkland Signature right now. I like it – grassy, vegetal taste with nice bag, and able to steep it for a second cup, nice! 6/8/2013 - This is one of the "must have" teas for my...” Read full tasting note
    hannabling 81 tasting notes
  • “This comes in a big 100 set at Costco, and it's my go-to tea for travel. It's not the greatest tea in the world, but as far as bagged teas go it's one of my favorites. It's a little watery, but it...” Read full tasting note
    Kwinter 169 tasting notes

From Kirkland Signature

Product description not available yet.

About Kirkland Signature View company

I’m not really much of a green tea person..maybe because I am not patient enough to wait for a minute after boiling? This one turns out okay for me most of the time but I’m excited to try good green tea that I’ve only recently read about.

K S

I turn the kettle off long before it boils. Saves time and works for me.

Kasumi no Chajin

I often use just under boiling water for my greens as a bit of a “cheat”, though I do not mind waiting for water to cool either.

yssah - Love is Tea (LIT)

hm..ive thought of that. haha, was wondering if there was a special reason that the water had to boil. thanks guys!

Kasumi no Chajin

the main “special reason” I can think of is if there is any concern of water purity. Other then that, it should be fine

I found a handful of these individually wrapped green tea bags from Kirkland in a purse! I drank a lot of this tea a while back, and it was my very first experience with the sachet format. I wonder whether Kirkland was the first to create the sachet? Well, anyway the biggest surprise was always that this purveyor of high quality Japanese green tea was somehow affiliated with … Costco!!!!

I loved this tea. The bag I drank this afternoon sadly tasted a bit stale, but now this tea is old, and I am thinking that maybe it was a sencha/genmaicha blend, because I’ve noticed that genmaicha sometimes becomes stale as a result of the popped rice. I believe that there is some matcha implicated as well, because some of the dark green powder sifts through the sachet pores.

Since this tea is no longer in its prime, I’ll refrain from rating it today. If I come across a fresh box at some point, then I’ll try it again. I do recall that I loved it before…

Drinking the Kirkland Signature right now.

6/8/2013 – This is one of the “must have” teas for my collection. Tastes great, can get it easily from Costco, guests drink it, each teabag is individually sealed. This is tea is a “winner”

This comes in a big 100 set at Costco, and it’s my go-to tea for travel. It’s not the greatest tea in the world, but as far as bagged teas go it’s one of my favorites. It’s a little watery, but it still has a little bit of that signature Japanese green tea flavor. This is actually an Ito En tea marketed under the Costco name Kirkland signature. I’m guessing it’s just the leftover fannings of Ito En’s bancha, so it’s not the highest quality but if you’re looking for cheap Japanese tea for traveling, then I recommend it.

Used this as the base for ochazuke, with leftover steamed white rice, edamame beans, and furikake. Yum!

here’s the idea, if you are confused:

This is simple and enjoyable green tea. I like that there is a little bit of matcha powder to give it a nice taste.

Not much for description, but I gather this is the Kirkland sencha? My favourite for a long while, I just buy it at Costco by the hundreds (of bags, that is) and I never get sick of it.

I have tried matcha previously and either it was not prepared correctly or that’s just the way it is but I didn’t like it one bit. Now this tea is a mix, so it’s not exactly the same thing, but I sort of like it. I followed the steeping instructions the first time and what I got is a smooth almost milky tasting beverage. I am trying longer steep time now and even if that makes it worse, I still find this to be an enjoyable tea. As far as bagged tea goes of course.