Samovar

Cinnamon, Citrus, Clove
Edit tea info Last updated by Karen

• “This tea is something I received from my boyfriend’s mom when we visited Alaska. I had a thermos of tea on the trip, but for various reasons I was unable to drink it. Right before we left...” Read full tasting note
    Molybdenum 272 tasting notes
  • “I got a 3oz bag of this tea from my boyfriends father. He went on a business trip to Alaska and brought it back as a gift. Let me tell you, this tea is addictive! It’s sweet and spicy and...” Read full tasting note
    Artsyina90 1 tasting notes
  • “This is one of the most uniquely satisfying cups I’ve had in a long time. Strong citrus scents while brewing give way to smooth cinnamon and cloves on the palate. This is my...” Read full tasting note
    UltimateWombat 1 tasting notes
  • “This is one of the few teas I’ll drink without milk. I got it on a trip to Alaska a few years ago and keep meaning to restock. It is delightful, though – spicy and sweet with clove,...” Read full tasting note
    ksteimle 7 tasting notes

From Kobuk

Hand mixed in Alaska using the same recipe we have used for over 40 years. This black tea contains just the right blend of cinnamon oil, cloves, granulated lemon and orange peel.

About Kobuk View company

This tea is something I received from my boyfriend’s mom when we visited Alaska. I had a thermos of tea on the trip, but for various reasons I was unable to drink it. Right before we left Alaska, she bought me a 3oz bag of Samovar tea.

I understand why this tea is popular in Alaska. It is EVERYWHERE, right alongside the coffee. This tea feels strong, hearty, and warm, just what you want when, say, you’re visiting Alaska with your boyfriend in spring and a sudden -30 degree cold wave hits. Even though the ingredients might make you think this is fruity, I wouldn’t call it that. The two flavors that come to mind with this are sweet and spicy. It has a very delicate sweetness that is not at all overpowering, and is kept in check by the spicy, zesty flavors of the orange peel and cinnamon. Drinking this tea just makes me want to cuddle up in a blanket next to a fire place with snow falling outside.

I got a 3oz bag of this tea from my boyfriends father. He went on a business trip to Alaska and brought it back as a gift. Let me tell you, this tea is addictive! It’s sweet and spicy and citrusy. I drank the whole bag in a week. I ended up ordering some from their site, and while the shipping was more than I wanted to spend, every cup I make is worth it. I suggest ordering multiple bags if you plan to have it shipped. They can send up to 3 lose tea bags for the same amount of shipping.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Citrus, Clove

This is my go-to tea for anyone that’s new to the world of tea. So far I’ve hooked 100%

This is one of the few teas I’ll drink without milk. I got it on a trip to Alaska a few years ago and keep meaning to restock. It is delightful, though – spicy and sweet with clove, cinnamon, and orange. Definitely one of my top teas.