Kvitten (Quince)

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Anna

• “I do love a bit of quince jam and the characteristic tart-ripe note of the fruit is indeed highly present scent wise in the dry tea. Unfortunately, this complexity doesn't quite translate to the...” Read full tasting note
    clareborn 258 tasting notes

From Kränku

Product description not available yet.

About Kränku View company

I do love a bit of quince jam and the characteristic tart-ripe note of the fruit is indeed highly present scent wise in the dry tea. Unfortunately, this complexity doesn’t quite translate to the cup – the main body of the scent matches that of the flavour, but the quincey aftertaste goes missing somewhere along the way.
It’s still a nice, solid tea of the fruit-flavoured green tea variety, and definitely more original than the usual vaguely tropical fare, but it’s something of a one-trick pony.

Resteeping seems entirely pointless.

[Gifted by my friend T, who got it for me in Visby in July 2013.]

cteresa

I had recently a green tea with quince – but it was from Tiger, that danish chain store which just has a few food stuffs. It sounded like a great idea, but was pretty scary! Glad you got a good take on that idea, I love quinces and think they could be so much more widely used.

Anna

I can definitely imagine how bad a really chemical and artificial attempt at quince tea could get. I agree with you that quince should be more widely appreciated! Sadly, my house in the country is located too far north for me to grow my own. In terms of tea, I’ll keep looking – if I find a better one, you’ll be the first to know.

cteresa

Thanks! it sounds like such great flavouring.

I am lucky, I am in the south and soon quinces will be plentiful. Just wondering about what it would be like in a good tea!

Anna

I’d be delighted to send you some of this, if you’d want to try it in spite of its imperfections.

cteresa

It´s very kind of you to offer, but I got an embarassment of too many tea samples, and even worse tea packages to try! (it´s summer and hot, can not seem to drink anything but ice water). I am feeling definetely guilty, can´t accept but thank you just the same, it´s the offer which counts.

Anna

If you change your mind, it’ll still be around… I’m also drowning in samples, and I have so much of this there’s no way I’ll be finishing it any time soon!

cteresa

Thanks! Maybe later we can organize something but right now let me get some samples finally tried (sort of waiting for cooler weather which might take a while…)

Anna

Yes, do go ahead – I’m very excited to read your tasting notes.