Edit tea info Last updated by louella1_

• “Actually had a cup of this last night. I ended up making a semi-surprise trip to Louisville to attend a visitation. Whilst doing this, I picked up specialty baked goods for my best friend's...” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes
  • “My mom handed me this the other day and I finally got around to brewing it. It's a fairly strong black tea, though somehow no flavors in it really stand out to me. Essentially, this is very...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 475 tasting notes
  • “It's wonderfully rainy, and I'm celebrating my new bookcase being built (what? That's a special occasion for me) so I decided to try a new tea out. Although a bit plain-Jane, I figured why the...” Read full tasting note
    Dis13 37 tasting notes

From Kroger Private Selection

This British blend can be enjoyed with a drip of milk and goes well with toast, honey and jam. It is a versatile tea, ideal for breakfast or any time of the day.

About Kroger Private Selection View company

Actually had a cup of this last night. I ended up making a semi-surprise trip to Louisville to attend a visitation. Whilst doing this, I picked up specialty baked goods for my best friend’s parents and made a delivery. Her mom is a huge tea fan as well, though she doesn’t drink the “fancy stuff” (her words, not mine). I was barely in the door before she asked “caffeine or no?” Caffeine, please.

It didn’t get timed and the water was microwaved. And it still turned out rather well, if I may say. I think I would have liked it steeped a bit longer, but it was still a fairly strong cup. It’s a good, basic English Breakfast blend that would definitely do in a tea-pinch.

The cookie and conversation didn’t hurt anything, either.

My mom handed me this the other day and I finally got around to brewing it. It’s a fairly strong black tea, though somehow no flavors in it really stand out to me. Essentially, this is very standard, and frankly not bad. I wouldn’t spring for it again, on the other hand. It’s just a little too plain for me.

It’s wonderfully rainy, and I’m celebrating my new bookcase being built (what? That’s a special occasion for me) so I decided to try a new tea out. Although a bit plain-Jane, I figured why the hell not?

The color is as you would expect of a black tea – a nice dark gold with a black hue. I was expecting the flavor to be a bit plainer, but I was surprised to find that the taste of the black tea is edged with a slightly… floral flavor?

I can’t smell the taste that is on my tongue whenever I sip the tea, but another taste reveals another nip of flower. I mean, I get that camilla sinesis IS a flower, but I didn’t expect this blend to taste floral. Although not completely unpleasant, and the taste does fade under the flavor of the black tea, it does leave its mark on the palate. The problem is that the floral taste seems to taste like old lady perfume smells, if that makes any sense.

The floral tinge and the weakness of the black tea itself does not leave too favorable of an impression on me, but I’m not about to throw the whole box of tea away. I’m not about to buy this tea again, however.