Bourbon Vanilla

Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Sivasubramanian

From Kusmi Tea

Those who have a sweet tooth will enjoy this Chinese black tea flavored with Bourbon Vanilla from Madagascar.

We suggest to enjoy this tea during the afternoon.
Main flavor: Bourbon Vanilla

Time of Day: Afternoon
Ideal Water Temperature: 85°C – 90°C
Recommended Brewing Time: 3-4 Min

About Kusmi Tea View company

Another freebie sample from Nicole, yay! Thanks.

Smells great. The body and flavor on this is initially quite thin, almost watery, and at first I felt disappointed…but oddly after a few swallows a little surge of vanilla comes through all at once. And then after that, I notice if I sip a certain way, kind of “tighter”/a little slurpier, the body is actually satisfying and the flavor is good in brief, fleeting little jolts. Not bad. Not amazing in an easy-to-get way but definitely not bad. The delicate nature of it is kind of charming.

Smells like green cocktail olives (which I hate) and tastes like wet cardboard. I adore Kusmi, and there are 8 tins on my countertop, but it seems I’ve found the one flavor I don’t like. I don’t get any vanilla out of this at all, and my overall impression is a tea made for someone who smokes. And possibly drinks hard liquor… or smokes a cigar… or likes wet cardboard…. lol, shrug

Totally undrinkable. I dumped it. Hoping it’s just user error (I cleaned the teapot right before with white vinegar). This was so bad, I actually gagged.

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Purely vanilla.

Flavors: Vanilla

195 °F / 90 °C 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 5 OZ / 147 ML

Backlog:

I like the level of vanilla flavoring to this one – it’s not hitting me over the head with vanilla flavor but, then again, that might not be the right approach for vanilla. I like this soft, silky vanilla flavor, and I like the richness of the black tea.

A pleasant afternoon tea.