Darjeeling No. 37

Edit tea info Last updated by Ysaurella

From Kusmi Tea

Very appreciated by connoisseurs, Darjeeling is an original black tea cultivated for more than 150 years that has very delicate aromas. Its liquor is pale and delivers a light taste. This tea is to be appreciated by itself – drinking it with a meal would hide all its delicate flavours.

About Kusmi Tea View company

I had low expectations for a bagged Darjeeling, even as nice a bag as Kusmi provides, so this was a very pleasant surprise. Maybe I just got lucky and steeped it properly, but this is a fine and delicious example of what a Darjeeling can taste like. Light but full-flavored, very aromatic with that fruity/winey/muscatel flavor. There’s just enough astringency to make it refreshing without being bitter.

If it’s consistently this good (and I didn’t just get lucky with the steeping parameters) I may even pick up a tin of this! Darjeelings aren’t my usual, but it is nice to have one or two black teas on hand that go well without milk.

This is my first Darjeeling, so my opinion isn’t particularly well-informed. I’d definitely describe it as delicate, slightly sweet/wine-like.

I could tell this was a high quality Darjeeling, but it just didn’t do much for me. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn’t buy a whole tin or box of it. I look forward to trying their Green Darjeeling!