Chocolate Mint

Black Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by __Morgana__

From Kusmi Tea

Black tea from China flavored with natural essences of chocolate and mint.

About Kusmi Tea View company

Sadly, this is another Kusmi disappointment.

It’s better than the Kusmi Chocolate, but it isn’t as tasty as the Harney & Sons Chocolate Mint or even what I recall of the Herbal Infusions Chocolate Mint.

The mint flavor is primary, but it isn’t as sweet a mint as the Harney’s. The chocolate is very similar to the plain Kusmi Chocolate, which is to say it isn’t a very strong flavor. Which could be ok, if the tea had a strong flavor, but it doesn’t.

The overall impression I get is that this blend is “thin.” Oh well, at least that helps to narrow down my future purchase choices. I’ll be going with the H&S Chocolate Mint instead, unless I find an even better one.

Andreastt

Which flavour dominates? Mint or chocolate?

Grade: B.O.P. (Broken Orange Pekoe)
Chocolate and mint, is a winner-combination for me, I just love After Eight Thin Mints, but this tea is nowhere near the taste of After Eight, it is more like eating a christmas sugar cane covered in milk chocolate! To be honest I was a little disappointed, that this tea didn’t contain peppermint. The mint in this tea is spearmint, a sweeter and more chewing gum-like herb than peppermint, so if you love strong mint, this tea may not be for you, since it really is a sugary extravaganza; milk chocolate and sweet mint from a christmas sugar cane!

The dry leaf is chocolatey, and very similar to Spicy Chocolate when it comes to the smell of the chocolate itself, their plain chocolate tea is to me much more stronger and more cocoa-y. The mint is definitely there, but the chocolate is the primary part.

The smell of the liquid tea is exactly like the dry leaves; dominating chocolate, and less dominatig mint. I would consider the chocolate in this tea to be a little weird. Still a great cup of tea. Tastewise, the mint is way more dominatig than the chocolate, but the chocolate is noticeable anyway, which I’m very thankful for. This is a great cup of tea, but better teas exists.

Overview:

Appearance: Lightly broken black tea leaves, cocoa beans and mint leaves. I really like the addition of cocoa beans, it makes it much more interesting to look at.
Dry tea-smell: Chocolate and sweet spearmint.
Color: Brown with an ever so lightly green glow.
Brewed tea-smell: Mint and chocolate. Most chocolate, least mint.
Taste: Non-bitter black tea, sweet mint and subtle milk chocolate.

Not usually a fan of chocolate mint, but this was awesome.

Presently my “office tea”. The mint-chocolate flavor is not too strong, which is perfect for me. I especially enjoyed this tea last winter, when the weather was very cold.