Prince Vladimir

Black Fruit Blend
Citrus Fruits, Spices, Vanilla, Citrus, Bergamot, Lemon
Edit tea info Last updated by Ysaurella

• “I'm having a cup of this now and I had a cup of Kusmi's St Petersburg earlier. I really like both, but I can't decide which of the two I like best. They're very very similar but still different...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1258 tasting notes
  • “This is the last of my Kusmi blends from the sampler that I have to get rid of. I am not big on the Kusmi base but I discovered I liked it better cold brewed. However, this one has spices in it,...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1915 tasting notes
  • “Another tea from Amy oh! :3 This one smells ever so slightly like Teavana's Spice of Life. I don't know if I'm the only person, but I think that some of Kusmi's teas sound eerily akin to each...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 536 tasting notes
  • “I'm moving in slow motion today. Hubs and I went out to a bar for karaoke for a friend's birthday last night. Good thing my esophagus seems to be back in fighting shape - the AR appears to have...” Read full tasting note
    Skulleigh 267 tasting notes

From Kusmi Tea

Blend of Chinese black tea flavored with citrus, vanilla and spices. A Kusmi Tea must-have.

Tasting advice: delicious plain or sweetened.

TEA PROFILE
Origin: China
Main flavor: citrus with spicy note
Quantity needed: 0,1 oz.

PREPARATION
Time of day: all day
Ideal water temperature: 85°C – 90°C
Recommended brewing time: 3-4 min

About Kusmi Tea View company

Thanks to both Sil and Shmiracles for sending me some of this! I’ve been waiting so long to try it out!

The initial scent is a nice strong black. These black Kusmi teas can really wake you up in the morning. I think I’m getting a hint of vanilla and citrus in there, but it’s delicious so whatever is in there is working!

Kusmi has yet to let me down. Excellent start to a Sunday :)

glad you enjoyed it. If you run out let me know lol i’ll likely still have more left

ROOT BEER.

The sample was only for two cups. Just finished it off with said second cup. Nice, sweet—don’t know if I’d get it, though.

Stephanie

Root beer? This can be good. Now I’m curious.

Erin

I’ve had tea flavored like root beer float once and it was delicious!

AJ

Awesome! That one was probably intentional, though. From what I’ve seen from other people’s thoughts on this tea, I think I’m the only one who concluded ‘root beer’.

good bye prince vlad. i’ll probably buy you again someday.
maybe even in person when i go to Paris in a few months.
until then, i’ll think of you every time i re-use your tin.

In the sample tin, there’s a strong spicy smell to the dry leaves which are dark with bits of what looks like citrus peel among them. This says it has three kinds of citrus in it, lemon, bergamot and grapefruit, but I am not smelling any of those. Instead I smell the spices, clove in the lead by a wide margin.

It mellows some after steeping but there’s still a good bit of clove, a vanilla note, and a bit of citrus. It’s a dark reddish amber.

The minute I took a sip, I knew I’d tasted something similar before. And then it hit me. This is v. much like Constant Comment in terms of its spice profile. It isn’t as orangey, but that’s what it reminds me of. The main difference is that in the Prince V., it’s a more subtle flavor and the tea shines through.

It’s quite nice for when you’re feeling that such a flavor profile would hit the spot, but you’re not in the mood for heavy spice. The tea base is smooth and tasty, and the spice is just enough to flavor the tea without masking it in any sense of the world.

I like.

Andreastt

The peel is grapefruit peel I think.

First time tasting a Kusmi tea – and a good friend gifted me with a pot’s worth of Prince Vladdy. First impression on the dry leaf. DEFINITELY Coca Cola fragrance! Brought water to a rolling boil. Steeped a strong amount for five minutes. Added a bit of half and half with some sugar. Result? Creamy, sweet, hot coca cola! It is delightful actually, and I’m wishing I had a Russian tea set to go along with this tea. It’s on the lighter side, so a great afternoon tea. It’s really hard for me to taste the actual tea through the flavoring which I miss. This tea would go beautifully with some almond cookies or slightly sweetened butter biscuits. I wouldn’t recommend having with food. Having so many flavored teas at home, this is one I wouldn’t buy to have on hand. Grateful for the share though! :)

I lied. Whatever I said my last sample from Courtney was, actually wasn’t. I’d somehow forgotten about this one, but found it on Friday while tidying my stash.

Anyway, two cups worth of this remain. The dry leaf smells sweet, and faintly of caramel. I gave it four minutes in boiling water and added a splash of milk. Reading the description, I wasn’t sure this tea would be for me. In actuality, I find it rather pleasant. The vanilla is the first thing I can taste; sweet and creamy. This gives way to a hint of citrus (maybe orange?) and then the spices develop in the aftertaste. They leave a warming sensation on the tongue and at the back of the mouth — I can see this being a fabulous winter tea. The black base is smooth and slightly malty, with absolutely no astringency. The flavours are well defined without being overpowering, and the whole thing seems really well balanced.

A great black tea, perfect for a chilly evening! Thanks again to Courtney for another excellent sample!

This is a really interesting tea. The smell when we first opened the tin was intense and lingered well after the lid had been closed. Citrus, cinnamon and the cloves all blended together. Once I steeped it, the cinnamon and cloves became the dominant scent. Really enjoyed the tea hot..but as it cooled off the citrus notes became more dominant leading to a strange blend of flavours. Would love to see how this tastes with milk added to it.

I’m finding the flavour combinations in Kusmi teas really fascinating, and this one was no exception. Grapefruit, spice, vanilla?

I made this this morning while getting ready for work. It smelled great but to my disappointment wasn’t really doing it for me. It seemed too overpowering and like it should be saved for a cold winter’s night. My stomach was a little unsettled at the time, but I didn’t expect a reaction like that.

I’d made extra to take to work in my travel mug. I started sipping an hour or two later at work, when it had largely cooled down so it was more just kind of warm. And I really liked it! The spiciness was certainly front and centre but the vanilla and citrus danced around in the background. Very smooth, nicely sweet thanks to the vanilla. I’m not sure how I managed to get two very different impressions from the same infusion, but I’m capable of amazing things.

The second of my Kusmi splurge. :)

The first time I smelled this, I definitely got a sense of the citrus, and vanilla, and spices (the clove comes out strongly). But then I had a revelation: This tea smells like Coca-Cola! So now all I smell is Coke. :P

Brewed, it smells more like black tea with clove. Mmmm.

It kind of tastes like Coke, too, but spicier (not overly spicy, though). It’s smooth and warm. Mmm. It has a little bit of sweetness to it too, but it’s not anything overpowering. It’s not overly anything, and the flavors just work really well together. I like! :)

Since my St. Petersburg turned out a bit strong this morning with a steep time of 3 mins, I thought I’d try this at 2 to see how that would be, and it works! Yay!

Ricky

Hmmm, coca cola…. I think I do recall it a bit, but more like really hot boiling coca cola. Now that’s just weird =P

the quiet life

Hahaha, yeah! But someday, perhaps I’ll make this iced with some sugar and try this side-by-side with Coke to see how close it really is. :P

I am generally not very fond of Kusmi teas (I often find the taste disappointing vs the fantastic promise of the smell – the promises were too much beautiful regarding what I finally get in my cup of tea)

2 main exceptions : Anastasia and Prince Wladimir (in French the Prince is named with a W not a V – weird…)

Prince Wladimir delivers all his promises : a huge flavour of citrus fruits combined with a soft but very present Vanilla and overall spices (Especially clove)

However in this Kusmi tea you’ll get real pieces of citrus fruits in addition of natural flavours

A real travel in Russia… thank you Pavel Kousmichoff !

cteresa

I am also not a fan of Kusmi (though I admit to being unduly influenced in wanting to like those because I love the tins). Thanks for the tip about this, will try it one of these days.