Traktir

Edit tea info Last updated by Sara

From Kusmi Tea

Mixture of slightly smoky China black teas flavoured with natural essences of citrus and spices.

Appearance : furled whole leaf
Colour: very dark green verging on black

Tasting advice: delicious plain or sweetened

About Kusmi Tea View company

Nice idea – lightly smoked and a light citrus tang – unlike other Kusmi teas which smell very nice and don’t always follow through with the taste this tastes exactly like it smells so if you like a gentle lapsangy hint of smoke and a gentle citrus hint this will deliver… I think it is very refreshing and makes for a nice drink when I get in from work and don’t have the time [or right mental attitude] for a more ‘serious’ tea

Angrboda

I haven’t tried this one yet. I think I’ll have to keep an eye out for it the next time I stock up on Kusmis…

Andreastt

What about the spices? Does it taste spicy?

Leopold Green

Hi – no not really spicy – imagine lapsang crossed with a mild earl grey (but in a good way)

Excellent Russian tea with natural, smokey undertones, reminiscent of wood-burning samovar preparation, full of flavor and body.

Tea of the morning. 1tsp 8oz 200F 3min, resteep 6 min. ( good resteep)
i couldnt get up today. i blame it on weather. we have very sudden temp fluctuations. yesterday was in upper 60’s today is in lower 40’s
Anyway, opened a tin. this tea seemed appropriate to get moving
And i really like it. it is smoky, but not harsh smoky. it blend beautifully with citrus and spicies. it is not chai kind tea. this tea is delicate and refined, but not short on flavor.
As i was drinking i thought it would be really nice to add tiny bit of maple syrup. i ran out of it. But found Nonna’s mini biscotti ;) perfect combo.
i even got my fancy Russian tea ware. Seemed appropriate for this kind of tea.

yyz

Nice.

Terri HarpLady

Lovely pics!

TeaBrat

Is this a new one? I don’t remember seeing it before

boychik

No, it’s not new. Just not popular.

plans are in motion for march….now to save…and find a hotel…and flights…. that is all. lurk lurk lurk

boychik

Sil, that would be so much fun ! Guaranteed !

Flyawaybirdie

I honestly thought you meant Russian Tea Glasses, but that set is just beautiful!

boychik

thank you @*Flyawaybirdie*. its famous Lomonosov Porcelain plant. its very thin see thru

I thought I was in the mood for this tea, but I think I have to REALLY be in the mood for this tea. Not quite hitting the spot today. It is citrusy, smokey and earthy at the same time, which is a really nice and broad spectrum of flavors. I walked away from this cup and found it quite nice cold too when I cam back to it… but I’m still in the mood for something else today. But what?! I’m paralyzed by choice!

boychik

i have unopened tin of this.

Dustin

Have you tried it before?