Traktir

Edit tea info Last updated by Sara

From Kusmi Tea

Mixture of slightly smoky China black teas flavoured with natural essences of citrus and spices.

Appearance : furled whole leaf
Colour: very dark green verging on black

Tasting advice: delicious plain or sweetened

About Kusmi Tea View company

Nice idea – lightly smoked and a light citrus tang – unlike other Kusmi teas which smell very nice and don’t always follow through with the taste this tastes exactly like it smells so if you like a gentle lapsangy hint of smoke and a gentle citrus hint this will deliver… I think it is very refreshing and makes for a nice drink when I get in from work and don’t have the time [or right mental attitude] for a more ‘serious’ tea

Angrboda

I haven’t tried this one yet. I think I’ll have to keep an eye out for it the next time I stock up on Kusmis…

Andreastt

What about the spices? Does it taste spicy?

Leopold Green

Hi – no not really spicy – imagine lapsang crossed with a mild earl grey (but in a good way)

Excellent Russian tea with natural, smokey undertones, reminiscent of wood-burning samovar preparation, full of flavor and body.

It was the description of citrus and smoke that made me curious about this tea. It looks like a black tea with random silver needles sprinkled throughout. Once steeped, it smells like a smokey puer. When I taste it, I get a bunch of different flavors. I get smoke, citrus, leather, puer earthiness… There is a lot going on in this tea! It is a heavier tea overall, similar to the heartiness of breakfast teas. The smoke isn’t overpowering here and has a similar intensity as the other flavors making things really well balanced.

With non dessert type teas, it usually isn’t love at first sip, but over time I could learn to love this tea and I sure hope I do since I got a whole tin of this!

*Hubby just took a sip and said it tastes like non alcoholic scotch, which I thought was a pretty spot on description!

Cheri