Earl Grey Polish blend N° 18

Bergamot, Earth, Lemon, Lime
Edit tea info Last updated by Ysaurella

From Kusmi Tea

Blend of black teas from China and Ceylon flavored with natural essences of bergamot, lemon and lime. Created shortly after the birth of the Earl Grey tea. Russian Blend.

About Kusmi Tea View company

I got this tea because I bought a tin of Anastasia, figure that one out!

I bought a 250g tin of Anastasia tea, or I thought I did, but I actually got this tea instead, and the reason I know that is:
1. I have bought many Anastasia tins, and a single teabag, and they all tasted nothing like this tea.
2. I have smelled the Earl Grey Polish blend, in an actual Earl Grey Polish blend tin, and it smelled like the “Anastasia tea” I have, so it’s actually an Earl Grey Polish blend tea I have.
Eww.

This tea smells VERY lime-y and VERY lemony, but has less bergamot in it than the other citrus fruits I think.
The taste is bitter compared to other great quality teas (still not as bitter as Lipton).
The aroma of the steeped tea is very soapy and smells very much like some cleaning agent. Not my favorite scent, but it is very Polish, that is for sure.
I was not planning to buy a tin of this, but unfortunately I did it anyway…
By the way, I wouldn’t buy it again. Definitely not my favorite cup.

Always happy to try another Kusmi blend! This one is a sample that Nicole was kind enough to send me (thank you!). I’ve tried their other earl grey teas (“Russian Blends”) and enjoyed most of them, so I’m happy to try this one as well. This is an earl grey with lemon and lime flavors added, which sounds lovely and possibly similar to Anastasia (lemon, lime, orange). Dry scent is strong bergamot with some citrus accents.

First off, I will say that the base tea here is a bit earthier than I would like, which detracts a little bit from the experience. However, I do enjoy the flavoring. It’s mostly bergamot, but I can also taste the lemon and especially the lime alongside it. I added a little bit of raw sugar to the second half of my cup to see if that would help smooth out the earthy taste. It did help a bit, but I think I would prefer to stick to Anastasia or even Troika if I want an earl grey with extra citrus kick. :)

Flavors: Bergamot, Earth, Lemon, Lime

had this tea for breakfast yesterday. It was nice for a smoked salmon and egg. i was thinking a lot what to make but only EG came to my mind. The base is generic chinese black Keeman? with bright lemon -lime flavors. resteeps well at 6min

Parsifal

Oddly I just had some black Keemun (or Qimen) tonight… about to write a little tasting review.

mrmopar

Smoked salmon YUM! My sister used to send me some when she lived in Alaska, smoked with alder wood.