Sweet Love

Edit tea info Last updated by Ysaurella

• “This is like a licorice chai, two things I am not a fan of, however *The Teaist* was so sweet to send me over a bit to try that I decided to give it a taste. Unfortunately, with my first sip, I...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1356 tasting notes
  • “Another wellness blend from Kusmi. I steeped this for 4 minutes and that seems about right to me. I hope I'm not making a mistake by drinking this late in the day but I just woke up from a nap...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2169 tasting notes
  • “(Note seems to no longer be available online) Steep Information: Amount: 3 tsp, 12.2g Water: 750ml filtered 212°F Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL Steep Time: 2 minutes Served:...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 698 tasting notes
  • “This tea is spicy w/strong licorice flavor and sweet undertones. As I am a fan of licorice, (can't resist Sambuca), this could turn into a favorite of mine. And who could resist the welcome...” Read full tasting note
    lorimarantopittman 328 tasting notes

From Kusmi Tea

Smooth and spicy blend of black China tea, liquorice root, cardamom, cinnamon, guarana seed and pink pepper.

About Kusmi Tea View company

This is by far one of my favourite Chai-Tea blends. The tea itself is delicate enough to allow a steep that lets the spices come through without a bitter finish. It doesn’t require milk or sugar to be delicious, as some chai blends do.

I would however, recommend separating the cardamom pods and pink pepper and giving them a bit of a crunch before you brew. This brings out their flavour much more than leaving them whole.

This was the first Kusmi tea I tried from my order. I was really impressed. I’d never really had a tea with licorice root before, so I wasn’t expecting that sweet aftertaste, and was pleasantly surprised when I swallowed and the sweetness lingered in my mouth. With vanilla soymilk, or even just milk to bring out the sweetness of this tea, there’s no need to add sugar. It’s dessert all on its own. I think the name, Sweet Love, fits it extremely well.

The tea itself is really beautiful was well. Colorful bits and pieces all mixed together. It’s a very festive-looking tea. The tin is beautiful. I love the little drawing on the side.

I gave this a go and (sorry to everyone who loved it) but I honestly found the flavor very odd and just not very good. The novelty of the licorice was not lost on me though. I did find it fun to take a sip, and then feel the natural “sweetness” build in the back of my mouth. That was certainly a very interesting experience. However, on the basis of pure taste alone, I did not find this blend very appealing. I could just be a victim of my own palate here though, as I’m not very partial to herbals. Make no mistake, although this blend does contain some black tea, it consists predominately of the other herbal ingredients (ginseng and liquorice roots, spices, guarana seed and pink pepper). Maybe that’s why it put me off. At the very least I can use the remaining tea from my sample canister for a quick “pick-me-up” (guarana seed has double the caffeine of a coffee bean). If someone would like to suggest some sort of alternate preparation method, I’d be happy to revisit it.

This came in a Kusmi Tea boxed sampler and it’s definitely become one of my favorites. Great tea with a hint of spice and a sweet finishing note.

It smells very spicy, I expected it to taste like cinnamon but it does not. Im not sure if it tastes like liquorice because any liquorice Ive ever eaten wasnt delicious- quite the opposite, it was horrible but this tea IS delicious, what I like most about it is the after-taste which is very sweet and lasts for a long time.

I don’t even usually like liquorice, and this is one of my favorite teas! It tastes sweet, slightly spicy but not overwhelming. The loose tea is beautiful with pink peppercorns and big green cardamom pods. It smells delicious, like chai and candy, and doesn’t require much added sweetener. The color could be prettier, but isn’t a drawback. A must buy whenever I’m in Disney World’s Epcot!

It’s good with splash of milk and honey. Close enough to real chai but not quite. Spiciness level is satisfying if you like spicy tea. I wish they’d take out the licorice, then it’d be perfect.

Fans of licorice — do not miss this!

Smelled like a peppery chai in the tin, but it’s a different story once steeped. Sweet Love becomes an aromatic concoction with a strong licorice note that is at the same time herbal, sweet, and spicy, quite away from the realm of ‘chai.’ The ginseng is there, and gives it a big herbal kick, almost covering up much of the black tea. The after-taste after you swallow is sweet and spicy, just like when you eat black licorice bars.

It’s definitely not for everyone, but has become one of my favorites. There’s nothing quite like it. I enjoy it plain and unsweetened, the way Kusmi recommended it.

This is disappointing as it smells and tastes too orange-y. It has cardamon in it, maybe that’s why people says it’s spicy. I look for “peppery” or “gingery” in a spicy tea, so it was disappointing.

Well, it is sweet and it is lovely. Normally I don’t go for things that are licoricey, but it was pleasantly tolerable. I’m a little worried about the guarana…in a few minutes I’ll probably be flying.

Definitely don’t steep too long as it doesn’t need it. Smells amazing!