Sweet Love

Cardamom Pods, Chinese Black Tea, Licorice Root, Pink Peppercorn, Spices
Cardamon, Licorice, Spices, Anise, Cinnamon, Cloves
Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “This is like a licorice chai, two things I am not a fan of, however *The Teaist* was so sweet to send me over a bit to try that I decided to give it a taste. Unfortunately, with my first sip, I...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2068 tasting notes
  • “Another wellness blend from Kusmi. I steeped this for 4 minutes and that seems about right to me. I hope I'm not making a mistake by drinking this late in the day but I just woke up from a nap...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2582 tasting notes
  • “(Note seems to no longer be available online) Steep Information: Amount: 3 tsp, 12.2g Water: 750ml filtered 212°F Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL Steep Time: 2 minutes Served:...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 709 tasting notes
  • “This tea is spicy w/strong licorice flavor and sweet undertones. As I am a fan of licorice, (can't resist Sambuca), this could turn into a favorite of mine. And who could resist the welcome...” Read full tasting note
    lorimarantopittman 328 tasting notes

From Kusmi Tea

Smooth and spicy blend of black China tea, liquorice root, cardamom, cinnamon, guarana seed and pink pepper.

About Kusmi Tea View company

It’s good with splash of milk and honey. Close enough to real chai but not quite. Spiciness level is satisfying if you like spicy tea. I wish they’d take out the licorice, then it’d be perfect.

Fans of licorice — do not miss this!

Smelled like a peppery chai in the tin, but it’s a different story once steeped. Sweet Love becomes an aromatic concoction with a strong licorice note that is at the same time herbal, sweet, and spicy, quite away from the realm of ‘chai.’ The ginseng is there, and gives it a big herbal kick, almost covering up much of the black tea. The after-taste after you swallow is sweet and spicy, just like when you eat black licorice bars.

It’s definitely not for everyone, but has become one of my favorites. There’s nothing quite like it. I enjoy it plain and unsweetened, the way Kusmi recommended it.

This is disappointing as it smells and tastes too orange-y. It has cardamon in it, maybe that’s why people says it’s spicy. I look for “peppery” or “gingery” in a spicy tea, so it was disappointing.

Well, it is sweet and it is lovely. Normally I don’t go for things that are licoricey, but it was pleasantly tolerable. I’m a little worried about the guarana…in a few minutes I’ll probably be flying.

Definitely don’t steep too long as it doesn’t need it. Smells amazing!

I loved this tea. I drank the version in teabags, but the tea pieces were big so it had full flavor. The teabags are muslin and very roomy. I could taste the tea and the liquorish and other spices. It was all very balanced and smooth.

this tea is quite tasty and should not be steeped too long or it’s harsh