Assam GFOP

Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole

• “Backlog from Tuesday. I haven't been on Steepster nearly as often as usual the past few days. I don't know why, but this week's had a lot of stuff going on (not bad stuff, just a lot of stuff),...” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 306 tasting notes
  • “sipdown! thanks again *nicole* (aaaallmost done working through all your teas! lol) I was hoping that i would enjoy this one as much as the other straight black from Kusmi that nicole sent my...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5241 tasting notes
  • “Mmmm... This is dark, strong and clean. A bit of bitterness as the cup cools, but not unpleasant. In comparisons, I'm not sure I'll keep this over other Assams (Butiki's Golden Lion comes to mind),...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 540 tasting notes

From Kusmi Tea

Assam GFOP is a tea well-known for its distinctive character with a strong, full-bodied flavor. The leaves are furled and dark brown with golden tips. An invigorating morning tea.

We suggest to enjoy this tea in the morning.
Main flavor: Unflavoured

About Kusmi Tea View company

Backlog from Tuesday.

I haven’t been on Steepster nearly as often as usual the past few days. I don’t know why, but this week’s had a lot of stuff going on (not bad stuff, just a lot of stuff), and my mood has been pretty up and down. Maybe I should get in the habit of getting on Steepster again, that might help level me out a bit.

This is a decent tea. It tastes like an Assam. Not an exceptional Assam, but an Assam. I don’t really have a whole lot to say about it, but that’s partially because most of my experience with it was from drinking it out of a traveling mug at work or on my way to work.

Thanks to Nicole for the sample! Somehow, this got lost on my shelf, so I’m glad to have found it again!

sipdown! thanks again nicole (aaaallmost done working through all your teas! lol) I was hoping that i would enjoy this one as much as the other straight black from Kusmi that nicole sent my way but sadly, it wasn’t meant to be. While this isn’t a bad assam, there are a number of others i would prefer to drink. This IS a much more enjoyable cup for me than their flavoured teas, so at least that is consistent! It’s not overly malty or bold…just a sort of average every day tea.

Mmmm… This is dark, strong and clean. A bit of bitterness as the cup cools, but not unpleasant. In comparisons, I’m not sure I’ll keep this over other Assams (Butiki’s Golden Lion comes to mind), but this will certainly all get used and I’m glad I grabbed it!