Assam GFOP

Floral, Malt, Raisins, Rye, Tannic
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Andreastt

• “Backlog from Tuesday. I haven’t been on Steepster nearly as often as usual the past few days. I don’t know why, but this week’s had a lot of stuff going on (not bad stuff, just a...” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 331 tasting notes
  • “sipdown! thanks again nicole (aaaallmost done working through all your teas! lol) I was hoping that i would enjoy this one as much as the other straight black from Kusmi that...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 7677 tasting notes
  • “Mmmm… This is dark, strong and clean. A bit of bitterness as the cup cools, but not unpleasant. In comparisons, I’m not sure I’ll keep this over other Assams (Butiki’s...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 762 tasting notes
  • “Great tea. Dark, strong, malty. Just what I am looking for in a straight black tea. It is not strong the same way as bagged Lipton tea – it is not bitter – but it is a dark brew, full...” Read full tasting note
    Andreastt 16 tasting notes

From Kusmi Tea

Assam GFOP is a tea well-known for its distinctive character with a strong, full-bodied flavor. The leaves are furled and dark brown with golden tips. An invigorating morning tea.

We suggest to enjoy this tea in the morning.
Main flavor: Unflavoured

About Kusmi Tea View company

Backlog from Tuesday.

I haven’t been on Steepster nearly as often as usual the past few days. I don’t know why, but this week’s had a lot of stuff going on (not bad stuff, just a lot of stuff), and my mood has been pretty up and down. Maybe I should get in the habit of getting on Steepster again, that might help level me out a bit.

This is a decent tea. It tastes like an Assam. Not an exceptional Assam, but an Assam. I don’t really have a whole lot to say about it, but that’s partially because most of my experience with it was from drinking it out of a traveling mug at work or on my way to work.

Thanks to Nicole for the sample! Somehow, this got lost on my shelf, so I’m glad to have found it again!

sipdown! thanks again nicole (aaaallmost done working through all your teas! lol) I was hoping that i would enjoy this one as much as the other straight black from Kusmi that nicole sent my way but sadly, it wasn’t meant to be. While this isn’t a bad assam, there are a number of others i would prefer to drink. This IS a much more enjoyable cup for me than their flavoured teas, so at least that is consistent! It’s not overly malty or bold…just a sort of average every day tea.

Mmmm… This is dark, strong and clean. A bit of bitterness as the cup cools, but not unpleasant. In comparisons, I’m not sure I’ll keep this over other Assams (Butiki’s Golden Lion comes to mind), but this will certainly all get used and I’m glad I grabbed it!

Great tea. Dark, strong, malty. Just what I am looking for in a straight black tea. It is not strong the same way as bagged Lipton tea – it is not bitter – but it is a dark brew, full of flavor and goes excellently with milk. I can imagine that a lot of the flavor in this tea comes from the golden tips. It has a fair amount of them and it makes the tea really beautiful to look at.
Its taste is also slightly reminiscent of ‘øllebrød’ – a traditional Danish dish made from primarily rye and beer.
Thumbs up to Kusmi for “making” this tea.

Flavors: Floral, Malt, Raisins, Rye, Tannic

Em… Well I guess Assam in general is just too strong for me. Not Kusmi’s fault.

1927 tasting notes

Courtesy of Nicole, trying a new wakey-uppey today. First adjective that came to mind after a threeish-fourish minute steep was clean. Interesting to see that her tasting note, which I read after I jumped to that conclusion, used the same word. Great minds!

The longer it stands, the more prominent the good ol’ Assam rye-and-raisin flavor becomes. Would be good with milk. (Can I go home to get some and just stay there today?)