St. Petersburg

Bergamot, Berries, Chinese Black Tea
Caramel, Floral, Raspberry, Bergamot, Berries, Citrus, Red Fruits, Tea, Vanilla
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “More sample stash busting, woot! Apparently I said earlier that I would probably cold-brew the last of this tea, but that was a lie. I had just the right amount for another Kati cup full of tea, so...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2182 tasting notes
  • “I am entirely too grumpy today for a gal who has found out that she earned an A in her class! I am hoping that this tea full of delightful things – berry! caramel! bergamot! – will calm...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Even though I apparently didn’t get all the cinnamon flavoring off my basket, this tea was so much better. Bonus: the adorable tin. I really like this tea, it’s...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1927 tasting notes
  • “I think the caramel and the red fruits in this tea combine in such a way that makes it taste like tea lightly flavored with red berry syrup. There’s no tartness usually associated with things red...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes

From Kusmi Tea

Russian blend of Chinese black tea with natural scents of bergamot, red fruits, vanilla and caramel.
Created to celebrate the tricentennary of the city of St Petersburg.

Tasting advice: delicious plain or sweetened

This fruity tasting tea has been created for the 300th anniversary of Saint Petersburg where Kusmi Tea was orginally founded in 1867.

TEA PROFILE
Origin: China
Main flavor: citrus with gourmand note
Quantity needed: 0,1 oz.

PREPARATION
Time of day: afternoon
Ideal water temperature: 185°F – 195°F
Recommended brewing time: 3-4 min

About Kusmi Tea View company

I was a diehard fan of Prince Vladimir, that is until I tried St Petersburg! It’s lush, soft and is rather inspiring. I highly recommend this tea!!

This is one of my pretty teas.
Pretty as in: Standing in my teashelf looking handsome.

The tea itself is orange in color, smell sweet and taste like… Tea.
It’s sweet, but that’s the only “note” I caught beside the taste of a black tea.
Neutral like Sweden, I guess.

It’s actually nice to sip while I am eating cereal.
So I guess it’s good for breakfast, when you just need a little strong tea-tasting tea to keep you company.

This tea has a nice caramel smell once brewed and a light, refreshing taste.
Still not strong enough flavour to suit my taste though.

2048 tasting notes

Someone sent this in a swap a long time ago. The teas got a bit lost during a cleaning when someone put them in a container higher than my short self can see. I plan to knock these out ASAP.

I have wanted to try this because I have read so many reviews of it. A Southern Seaskn carries some Kusmi teas so if I find a true love here it is possible that I can get it without too much trouble.

This one is good, but I don’t know that I need to own it. I enjoyed it tonight. I don’t LOVE bergamot but I don’t hate it either. I do not like it with Ceylon or similarly lemony or citrus bases and this has additional citrus flavors. I really like quality bergamot on a quality Keemun base, so we are doing well there. I thought I caught a whiff of smoke – Keemun or a tiny bit of Lapsang? Nice berry notes, not too strong. Vanilla smooth and very subtle.

Overall, this is good and it was great to try it, but I doubt I will buy more. I can see why it is popular for sure. If I figure who sent it, I will edit to add a shout out!

Finally some Kusmi tea that hasn’t been sitting in the cupboard for several years!

This was an excellent wake up call this morning (okay, afternoon). With the black base present, but not overpowering, and strong raspberry notes, I could see myself drinking quite a lot of this in the future. Next comes a fairly light caramel note and there’s just a hint of floral in there too. I wouldn’t have guessed that berries and caramel would mix that well, but it works. Haven’t had much from Kusmi yet, and I’ve got quite a few new ones to try, but so far this is my favourite by them.

Flavors: Caramel, Floral, Raspberry

This tastes like potent candied citrus notes because of the the bergamot; can also detect notes of berries, and sweet notes of caramel. Interesting tea but not my taste. It makes me want to visit France and see Kusmi’s full selection though!

Flavors: Bergamot, Berries, Caramel, Citrus

Tealover

Have you tried any of the other Russian Kusmi tea blends? I really love the series!

Thank you Cameron B. for this sample. My first Kusmi tea!

This tea is nice, but all of the flavors are so subdued that I find myself wanting more. I wish the bergamot was just a bit stronger, and I keep hoping for a little more berry flavor. The caramel note is present more as the tea cools, to and while it’s nice it’s not enough to make me want more. All together it’s a nice enough blend, but it’s nothing that I have to have in my cupboard.

Cameron B.

Yeah, I found most of the Russian blends to be fairly mild, with the exception of Bouquet of Flowers.

Veronica

The few teas I’ve had from Russia have been such big, bold teas, so that was what I was expecting. Now I know! :)

The caramel comes out with milk and sugar. There is a bit of “dried fruit.” Brewing it stronger would have helped.

Flavors: Caramel

Boiling 4 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

In typical Kusmi fashion, a very flavourful tea. An easy brew, tasty and rich. I’d recommend it for sure.

Flavors: Bergamot, Caramel

Tealover

Have you tried any other teas from the Russian Kusmi tea selection? St. Petersburg is one of my favourites, although Anastasia is also amazing.

Great tea! I got a sample when I bought my new glass pot in Berlin, and I have to say that this was amazing. The caramel kicked in at the end, which is reasonable. You can feel the fruits all the way though!

Flavors: Caramel, Red Fruits