Kashmir Tchai

Black Chai Blend
Anise
Edit tea info Last updated by Leonor

2 Images

• “Made on the stovetop with Teavana English Breakfast (High Grown) as the extra black tea, just because it was close at hand having arrived as part of the tea of the month club for August while I was...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 951 tasting notes
  • “I have had a little tin of this for awhile now and am just now getting around to trying it. I get cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and an okay but not awesome strength of tea. I actually really like...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 512 tasting notes
  • “Warning: brewed this up in milk, with brown sugar, simmering for about 8 minutes or so. Done with water the "proper" way it will probably be different. I am rather on a quest for chai, more chai...” Read full tasting note
    cteresa 328 tasting notes
  • “Chai teas have definitely been growing on me. I now know the specifics in which I enjoy them and try to stick to those guidelines. I like my blander chai teas to be hot with no additives. I like...” Read full tasting note
    cinoi1551 243 tasting notes

From Kusmi Tea

Blend of black teas from China and spices, based on the traditional Nepalese recipe. The digestive properties of the spices in this mixture make it an ideal drink with meals.

SUGGESTIONS FOR PREPARING
Infusion Time: 3 to 4 minutes
Best water temperature: 90°C

About Kusmi Tea View company

One of my favorite Massalas from French Tea Companies.

I prepared this two ways: with boiling water like an average black tea, and with milk and brown sugar like regular masala chai. Both ways ended up making good tea. This blend is on the mellow side, so it lends itself well to a normal tea infusion. It doesn’t seem to contain peppercorn, but the laurel and cardamom make for a spicy yet pleasant and somehow relaxing taste.

I’ve heard people complain that Kusmi tea is a little expensive and maybe not the greatest tasting. I’d completely disagree. (The pictures don’t do it justice, the tin I got was huuuuuge.) Kashmir Tchai isn’t particularly surprising, it tastes basically how it smells, and it smells good. Spicy, subtle, good on a winter day.

This tea wasn’t bad, but was also nothing special. At the recommended brew time, the chai flavoring wasn’t spicy enough, and it left the tea very bland. Maybe a longer steep time will improve the flavor, but I can’t see myself rushing back to try that when there are other, better chai teas out there.

Spot-on spice mix! It’s difficult to find bagged chai blends that do the job, but this one definitely excels.

I got a spoonful of this particular tea from TeaEqualsBliss (I think – I have so many little samples from various people floating around).

There are bits of something green interspered with the black tea – are they green tea leaves or something different? I’m mostly getting cloves and cardamom flavours in the tea with a hint of anise maybe. It’s nice enough, but I tend to like my chais bolder and spicier. This tea is quite smooth, and there’s a hint of a “leafy green” taste to it aswell. Nice but I think I like my Tazo chai better.

This is a decent Chai, just not outstanding. It has the signature “smoothness” of a Kusmi tea and that could be one reason I can’t rate this one higher. That smooth lack of tannin I love so much in other Kusmi teas does not seem to serve this one well. I like my Chai’s bond, sassy and full of flavor. This one was just a bit too subdued for my tastes (it almost seemed bland by comparison to other Chai’s I’ve had). If a smooth and mild Chai is your thing though, this is the tea for you!

A smooth chai with little heat to it, just something mellow and calming. There’s an interesting flavor in here I’m new to in a chai, and I think it may be the ingredient whose name escapes me currently that’s in the same family as Bay Leaves. Whatever it is, its tasty, and the six-year-old said this is his favorite of the three chais on my desk today.

Thank you OMGsrlsy for sharing this with me, and for taking time out of your day to meet with me and surprise me with this huge bag of tea treats!

OMGsrsly

:D You should have expected it! You warned me you had samples, and a warning = time for me to prepare.

It’s chai. Most reviews and such I saw online said it was radically different than a run-of-the-mill chai, but it simply isn’t. It tastes about on par with chais I can get far cheaper, so I shan’t be purchasing it again.

Not terrible, not even bad. Just uneventful. I expected more, but perhaps that’s due to reading up on it before trying it.

This was okay, but a little too light of a tea for me. When I added soy milk it turned white. I’m used to chai teas that are darker and more flavorful. The spices were nice, though!