Kashmir Tchai

Black Chai Blend
Anise, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Pepper, Ginger, Spices, Smooth, Tea, Clove
Edit tea info Last updated by Leonor

2 Images

• “Made on the stovetop with Teavana English Breakfast (High Grown) as the extra black tea, just because it was close at hand having arrived as part of the tea of the month club for August while I was...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “I have had a little tin of this for awhile now and am just now getting around to trying it. I get cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and an okay but not awesome strength of tea. I actually really like...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 659 tasting notes
  • “Warning: brewed this up in milk, with brown sugar, simmering for about 8 minutes or so. Done with water the "proper" way it will probably be different. I am rather on a quest...” Read full tasting note
    cteresa 348 tasting notes
  • “Chai teas have definitely been growing on me. I now know the specifics in which I enjoy them and try to stick to those guidelines. I like my blander chai teas to be hot with no additives. I like my...” Read full tasting note
    cinoi1551 243 tasting notes

From Kusmi Tea

Blend of black teas from China and spices, based on the traditional Nepalese recipe. The digestive properties of the spices in this mixture make it an ideal drink with meals.

SUGGESTIONS FOR PREPARING
Infusion Time: 3 to 4 minutes
Best water temperature: 90°C

About Kusmi Tea View company

One of my favorite Massalas from French Tea Companies.

I’ve heard people complain that Kusmi tea is a little expensive and maybe not the greatest tasting. I’d completely disagree. (The pictures don’t do it justice, the tin I got was huuuuuge.) Kashmir Tchai isn’t particularly surprising, it tastes basically how it smells, and it smells good. Spicy, subtle, good on a winter day.

This tea wasn’t bad, but was also nothing special. At the recommended brew time, the chai flavoring wasn’t spicy enough, and it left the tea very bland. Maybe a longer steep time will improve the flavor, but I can’t see myself rushing back to try that when there are other, better chai teas out there.

Spot-on spice mix! It’s difficult to find bagged chai blends that do the job, but this one definitely excels.

I got a spoonful of this particular tea from TeaEqualsBliss (I think – I have so many little samples from various people floating around).

There are bits of something green interspered with the black tea – are they green tea leaves or something different? I’m mostly getting cloves and cardamom flavours in the tea with a hint of anise maybe. It’s nice enough, but I tend to like my chais bolder and spicier. This tea is quite smooth, and there’s a hint of a “leafy green” taste to it aswell. Nice but I think I like my Tazo chai better.

This is a decent Chai, just not outstanding. It has the signature “smoothness” of a Kusmi tea and that could be one reason I can’t rate this one higher. That smooth lack of tannin I love so much in other Kusmi teas does not seem to serve this one well. I like my Chai’s bond, sassy and full of flavor. This one was just a bit too subdued for my tastes (it almost seemed bland by comparison to other Chai’s I’ve had). If a smooth and mild Chai is your thing though, this is the tea for you!

Cardamon

Thanks MissB

Sipdown! :)

Flavors: Anise, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Pepper

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

This is a nice, light chai. Very ginger heavy with a hint of anise that isn’t strictly unpleasant. Cinnamon and other spice notes in the background. Overall, very similar to some of Kusmi’s other teas but that’s not a bad thing.

Flavors: Anise, Cinnamon, Ginger, Spices

Really good!

The cardamom taste is quite prominent so it’s not the kind of tea that I would drink very often (my 100g is taking me ages to finish) but, still, when I drink it, I really enjoy it.

Flavors: Cardamon

205 °F / 96 °C

Bag: The muslin(cotton weave) tea bags are packaged in individual plastic foil backed bags. On the label they have the brew time and temperature in Celsius.
Tea: Brewed at about 200F for 4 minutes the tea is a dark orange maple color. Aroma was strong with the scent of anise and cinnamon. Flavor was distinct with the taste of licorice(Anise) and cinnamon(Cardamom). Astringency was light.
Notes: This tea was from the Kusmi Tea Essentials pack of 24 teas, and each tea bag was about $0.94usd. I was not sure what to expect from a tea called Kashmir Tchai, maybe something more spicy. Anise isn’t my favorite spice but I can imagine drinking this in the winter with a teaspoon of sugar. Its very smooth and a pleasure to drink but is not distinctive in flavor. Label reads Traditional Blend of Teas and Spices. That being said I can taste the Anise, Mate, and Green Cardamom as well as I can see 1cm long Black tea leaves in the bag.

Flavors: Anise, Cinnamon, Smooth