Bouquet of Flowers No. 108

Black Fruit Blend
Bergamot, Ceylon Black Tea, Chinese Black Tea, Indian Black Tea, Mandarin Orange, Orange Flavoring
Flowers, Floral, Tannin, Tea, Ash, Bergamot, Violet, Orange
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Sivasubramanian

• “I wish my postman would fill out the 'from' field when he gives me that little notice about a package to pick up on the post office. There's one there now, waiting for me to pick it up on saturday....” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1310 tasting notes
  • “Thank you *Dinosara* for this sample. I open the tin wondering what will be on the other side to greet me, lets just say I was happy as to what greeted me. Small black chopped tea leaves that...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1153 tasting notes
  • “This is not a popular tea. Nevertheless, I it's been on my shopping list for years because I love bergamot and I love florals. I recently bought a pack of sample tins from Kusmi (the "Russian" set)...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2026 tasting notes
  • “If this tea was a lipton bagged tea I would have said ...nothing... This is a Kusmi tea and I am almost upset (again) for not loving it. The dry leaf was already weak and after steeping it is...” Read full tasting note
    Ysaurella 388 tasting notes

From Kusmi Tea

A blend of black teas from China, Sri Lanka, and India flavored with bergamot, citrus fruit, and flower petals. Kusmi’s oldest blend, Tsar Nicolas II regularly drank Bouquet of Flowers N°108 right up until the Russian revolution. This unique blend was created in 1880.

Tasting advice: delicious plain or sweetened

TEA PROFILE
Origin: China and Ceylon
Main flavor: citrus with a floral note
Quantity needed: 0,1 oz.

PREPARATION
Time of day: afternoon
Ideal water temperature: 185°F – 195°F
Recommended brewing time: 3-4 minutes

About Kusmi Tea View company

Cameron B. inspired me to revisit this tea. Time flies, taste buds change…
i used to mix this tea with Earl Grey Polish blend N° 18 just to finish it. Polish is gone, BdF still have it. What bothered me is ashy note, not smoke, i love smoky tea. I’m not huge fan of floral teas. here are some lilacs, violets. but floral+ ash. And bergamot is very subtle here for me. Still not my cup of tea.

Flavors: Ash, Bergamot, Flowers, Violet

Cameron B.

See I’m totes crazy. ;) To be fair, I don’t have any experience with smoky teas so I guess I can’t tell the difference.

Cameron B.

By the way, how is the Polish Blend? The addition of lime intrigues me.

boychik

Stop it. We all have diff taste buds. Polish blend wasn’t bad at all. Kinda refreshing because of lime, not heavy. I finished the tin and it says a lot. Without swapping ( I wasn’t on Steepster at that time, probably 2-3 yrs ago). If you ever in city you can go to their shop on 3rd Av. At least you can smell everything. If I had it I would send you a sample. Btw do you know you can refill a tin in a shop and tea is cheaper by couple dollars.

Cameron B.

Yeah I’ve been here a few months and I haven’t gone to New York City yet, but I did see that they have a store there. Do they make samples at the stores? They have the refill option on their website for some of the teas – they just sent it to you in a bag instead of a tin and it’s a bit cheaper. Nice. :)

Trying this tea next on a request/recommendation(?) from Boychik. This is the second I’ve tried out of my Kusmi Russian Blends pack. The dry leaves have an extremely strong bergamot scent, there might be a tiny bit of floral smell but it’s really hard for me to tell again the bergamot. I used the same brewing technique that was suggested to me for St. Petersburg, since it’s a very similar tea.

When I smell the brewed tea, I definitely get a distinct floral note in conjunction with the bergamot, which is considerably milder than in the dry leaf. I must say, I really love the taste of this tea! I can taste the black tea base, which seems mild and smooth, and I can definitely taste the bergamot, but it doesn’t overpower. There is a definite floral note, though I couldn’t say what type of floral (other reviewers have suggested lavender, but I don’t know its flavor well enough to say)). I also get a subtle note of citrus other than the bergamot – I looked up the ingredients and found this to be mandarin or orange. I also added a small amount of sugar to mine which really works to bring all the flavors together.

I was surprised to see that quite a few people hated this tea. I don’t know if maybe they’re not consistent in the formula or if they have changed it over time. Or maybe I’m crazy, woo! :D I can’t wait to try this with a splash of milk.

Flavors: Bergamot, Floral, Orange

boychik

you are not crazy, its just your taste buds. they also change all the time. Not my favorite, but im going to make it now to see maybe i changed my mind;)

Cameron B.

Maybe I have a higher tolerance for floral than most or something, I didn’t find the floral in this overpowering while some people described it as perfumey and terrible.

TeaBrat

I believe I was one of the haters… :-P

HATERS GONNA HATE!

Arshness

I’m not trying to be rude, but your user icon freaks me out because at the tiny size it doesn’t look like a cute little puppy. It looks like some horrible skull alien monster creature with two big eyes on the sides, a scrunched and hollow nose, and a gaping black mouth opened wide in a horrifying readiness for devouring.

That sounds like a lovely tea by the way. ^^ I love bergamot. I don’t know what some people’s problem with him is.

boychik

i just had a cup. well, its not bad. its floral like lilacs, violets,etc. what bothers me some ashy note at the back. not smoke, i love smoke when its nicely done. And bergamot is only like a background
i see cute sad pug…

GCTTB 2.

This is another a from my shopping list.

This came in a little sample tea bag. The tea bag is so cute, it is made of cloth, looks like terry cloth. But it makes me feels good about steeping it in hot water.

The tea smells ok. I am getting a bit of dry, dusty component in the base. But I can also smell the bergamot and sweet flowers.

The brewed tea is very light. Slightly floral. There is a minimal bergamot flavour to it. There are definitely citrus notes.

I am not sure if it is this tea or something I ate previous but it is leaving a bad aftertaste in my mouth. Sort of the same aftertaste you get after eating sour gummy candies.

I am really glad to have tried this one. There are a lot of teas in this box that have been on my shopping list for a long time.

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I absolutely love this tea. I was very curious about the taste and I have to say I was not disapointed. I love that there is just a slight citrusy flavour as an aftertaste and it isn’t overpowering. I like to take this tea in the morning or early afternoon as I prefer a stronger one later on in the day.

2 tsp 7 OZ / 200 ML

First off, this one has a very strange mouthfeel…almost gritty and astringent at the same time. I find it quite unappealing, truthfully, and it makes it hard to focus on the flavours.

Once I set aside the odd feeling there’s definitely some floral (dusty rose-esque) hints toward the front and a bit of bergamot on the end with a solid enough black base that pops up at odd moments.

As far as an Earl Grey goes – and that’s really how I’m considering this, given the black/bergamot pairing – I’ve definitely had better. The mouthfeel is this tea’s greatest detractor, IMO, and it’s enough to keep me from coming back for antoher cup.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
sherapop

I just received the Russian blends set in the mail—only today! I was trying to figure out what the scent of the flowers was in this one… It is not exactly roses—at least not to my nose!

4th Russian blend from NYC friends.

Floral but the citrus hid in the background. A little bit of sweetener brought the citrus out a little, but not enough to counteract the floral taste.

Lifting the leaves out of its packaging was probably the highlight of this cup. Dainty flowers laced with a hint of bergamot and greener leaves. However, in drinking this tea you’re left with a neither here-nor-there feeling. Not enough “Earl Greyness” to be a good Earl Grey, and not enough floral aroma after brewing. Not a bad cup, mind you, but it left me in want of something stronger or more well balanced.

Kinda bland and really just doesn’t do much for me, so many others I prefer.

Very tasty tea. Drank it plain. Fresh, flowery scent that holds a dominant tone of citrus. Well balanced. I want another cup :) .

I received a sample of this with my Prince Vladimir I got for Christmas and was very excited to try it as I am an Earl Grey fan. It smelled great upon first opening it and mushing the cute unsuspecting bag to my nose. While it steeped it smelled even better. And the taste…. Mmmmmmm. This has to be my favorite Earl Grey ever. It doesn’t have the over powering citrus taste that most Earl Greys are known for, or atleast that’s how my taste buds see things.