Russian Morning No. 24

Edit tea info Last updated by Leonor

3 Images

From Kusmi Tea

Russian Morning n°24 is a skillful combination of three unflavoured orthodox teas: a delicately-flavoured Chinese black tea, a Ceylon black tea with delicate, lightly-twisted leaves and a round mouthfeel and chocolatey flavour and
a black tea from India, full-bodied and strong.
The blend of these three unflavoured orthodox teas makes for a well-balanced tea that is full-bodied enough to be ideal for drinking in the morning.

We suggest to enjoy this tea in the morning.

SUGGESTIONS FOR PREPARING
Infusion Time: 3 to 4 minutes
Best water temperature: 90°C

About Kusmi Tea View company

I like it! It has something almost a touch floral and something very vaguely fruity, and a good tea flavour. It tastes good without sweetener, it tastes good with sweetener, it tastes good with soy milk and sweetener. I’m not that much of a fan of unflavoured black teas, and I’ve found the flavour can sometimes be a letdown. It wasn’t so with this tea. It’s not a very complex flavour or anything, but it satisfies.

Not bad whether you like milk in your breakfast tea or not. Just not special, either. My humans go into more detail here: http://lyt-tea-reviews.blogspot.com/2011/03/review-kusmi-teas-russian-morning-no-24.html

As of writing this I have two teas that are tied for the honor of “my favorite breakfast tea”. One is the Irish Breakfast from Adagio, the second is this one. The leaves have a rich earthy aroma with just a hint of smoke that can be a real eye-opener early in the morning. After steeping the brew has a nice dark color with a rich malty taste that really helps to fire up the senses and kick-start your day. If you like a rich full-bodied tea with complexity to use as a coffee replacement in the morning, you should give this one a try!

Andreastt

Drinking strong black teas like this in the morning is just the best way to start a day!
I always add a splash of milk to strong black tea, but no sugar. I generally don’t add sugar to tea.

There is the slightest hint of smokiness in this tea, which is about all I can handle. The dominant flavor that stood out to me was honey – though I had added nothing to it. Such a tea stands out fine on its own or with a little milk.

it was okay, not very strong; i might not have steeped it correctly although i did it as long as other tasters recommended (3.5 min, boiling)

would have been better with a little bit of cream

This is a solid morning tea. The flavor is great by itself, strong with just a hint of sweetness that I can’t quite explain. Just really nice to sip on plain. Sometimes when I want to kick up some of my flavored green teas I’ll add a teaspoon of this. Don’t sure it I’m supposed to do that, but it still tastes great, so….

Great, plain black tea without big finesses.

It’s a blend of teas from China, India and Ceylon, and most leaves in it are about an inch long, very fascinating.
Dry leaves: Classic black tea smell (all tea enthusiasts know what I’m talking about), smoke, wet forest ground (!) and a hint of yellow fruits (mango and peach).
The fruity notes that were noticeable in the dry leaves are totally gone in the smell of the brewed tea, but the smoke, the wet forest ground and the classic black tea smell is there still. It would have been rather fucked up, if the black tea smell had disappeared…

It doesn’t taste bitter and/or anstringent, and it has a very characteristic taste. I could taste which tea, that were Russian Morning #24, if you placed 100 plain, black teas in front of me, I bet.
Plain, strong black teas do often reveal a malty taste when brewed, which also is present in this tea. It’s one of Kusmi’s strongest teas with a body between medium and full, but Grand Yunnan #21 is way stronger, in fact it’s the strongest tea I have ever tasted.
I suggest experienced tea lovers to check Russian Morning #24 out. If you don’t like that classic black tea taste, you definitely wouldn’t appreciate this tea, ’nuff said.

I love this tea, but only because I need something to wake me up in the morning, and it does the job very well—it’s got a somewhat nutty flavor too. However, I would not drink it during the day.

starting over with my tasting notes ;u; enjoying a lovely cup of this with my korean studies this morning.

Yum, this is a fine black tea! The taste is so mild — sometimes black tea is very overpowering. I found it to be a bit one-note, but perhaps following Kusmi’s advice of adding milk or sugar may help the flavor. I tried leaving the bag in the second time I steeped it because the tea was so mild-tasting, but this just resulted in bitterness. Do not leave the bag in for this one.