Green Tea
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Sivasubramanian

From Kusmi Tea

Blend of maté and Chinese green tea flavored with lemon and lemon grass. The combination of maté and green tea makes Detox the perfect drink to detoxify and reinvigorate the body throughout the day.
Detox is also refreshing and delicious if served iced in the summertime.

We suggest to enjoy this tea during the whole day.

Main flavor: Lemon, lemon grass

About Kusmi Tea View company

Wow, I don’t know why It was so hard to find this tea in the database. I searched ‘Detox,’ ‘Detox Kusmi,’ and looked through the Company’s page under Yerba Mate and green. I was this close to making an entry for this tea from scratch and am I so glad I did not!

My technological incompetence aside, I initially got this tea in sachet form as a sample from my last Kusmi order. I keep it along with a couple other teabags in my purse for emergencies; I.e. when I forget to bring my infuser basket and/or better loose leaf to work.

Disclaimer: I HATE it when teas are marketed for their health benefits. Just from a real tea drinker standpoint, that is not why I drink tea. I know that, especially where I am living, that may be the only way to sell tea to the masses. But nothing makes me grumpier than those shitty and shifty Instas that randomly follow me, selling “SUPER SLIMMING MEGA WIEGHT LOSS DETOX CLEANSE” teabags for outrageous prices. It’s basically death to the art that is tea.

But all those stigmas aside, I like the taste of this sample. It has two different kinds of mate, ‘green tea’ (What kind? I wanna knoowww!) lemongrass and lemon flavor. It’s a nice and refreshing cup. I can easily make this myself, and I probably will. This tea could be so great cold-brewed.

Flavors: Grass, Herbaceous, Lemon

Nicole

Completely agree. I know there are those who drink tea for the health benefits and I don’t hold that against them – anything to keep good teas being sold! But folks who drink it only for the health benefits make me feel sad for them. They are missing out on another world of “why” when it comes to tea. :)

TheLastDodo

Yes!! I do drink functional herbal blends from time to time, as well as make my own. But they are for common ailments like a migraine or an upset stomach. I think those medicinal blends differ from the ‘weight loss’ teas I see a lot.

Bag: The muslin(cotton weave) tea bags are packaged in individual plastic foil backed bags. On the lable they have the brew time and temperature in Celsius.
Tea: Brewed at about 200F for 4 minutes the tea is a reddish maple color. Initial aroma was not something that I am used to in a tea, sweet and smoky tobacco. The flavor was much the same, a light refreshing smoky flavor somewhere between whiskey and tobacco that lingered for a about a half a minute. Astringency was mild.
Notes: This tea was from the Kusmi Tea Essentials pack of 24 teas, and each tea bag was about $0.94usd. The tea is called Detox which is quite off-putting to me because many times companies will forego flavor for supposed health benefits but I am happy to say that this tea is competitive in the flavor category. Ingredients on the label read Mate, Green Tea, and Lemon Grass. That being said I did not taste the green tea which is listed on the lable.

Flavors: Fruity, Scotch, Tobacco

195 °F / 90 °C 4 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

From reading the ingredients I didn’t think I was going to like this tea. When I took a sip I got lemon, pepper and smokiness! Very interesting! Almost like smoked paprika with a hint of lemon. This is a much more savory tea than I am used to, but I’m really liking it!

Tastes the way freshly mown grass smells. No thanks. Glad this was a free sample.

I agree with the “too lemony” crowd on this. I tried this at a cafe and ended up putting about three tablespoons of honey in it before it was drinkable. Not a ringing endorsement. I did like the idea of the tea though, so I made a mixture of green tea (gunpowder as it’s dirt cheap in the Asian markets) mate, and mint. I used a 2-1 green tea to mate ratio. It is a nice digestive tea, for evening and has little caffeine. I guess it’s detoxifying because the mate and the green tea are diuretics.

I think I get why the other reviewer was talking about cigarettes… I only steeped for 3 minutes but definitely noticed a strong smokey flavor — in an unpleasant way. It really overpowered the lemongrass and green tea for me. I was disappointed by this tea, especially after hearing all the hype. Hopefully their BB Detox tastes better!

Resteeping resulted in a much better tea, but I don’t think I’ll buy this one.

I didn’t like this tea when I first tried it. Then my friend, who is a pretty avid tea drinker, tried it and loved it so much she’s going to buy a whole tin of it on her next order. So I tried it again.

Didn’t love it the second time, either. The lemongrass is all I taste, and truthfully lemongrass will forever be associated with savory foods to me, so having it in tea just reminds me of poultry. Not a great association. I’m not very impressed with the base tea either. This is, for me, a mediocre tea that offers nothing special.

This tea is said to make you eliminate toxins and clean your sistem, iN MY PARTICULAR CASE i NOTED NO DIFFERENCE, it is very herbal and strongly citrused, It needs to be very hot, so you can steep it correcty, otherwise it makes a weak tea, It was a present and I love it, overall is a nice tasting tea ….. very very lemony and green tea is very present in this one.