Jasmine Green Tea

Green Tea
Green Tea, Jasmine Flowers
Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

2 Images

• “Tried this again today when I could pay a bit more attention. No. 1 wanted to try it so I gave him some. He quite likes it. The BF does as well, though he's not much of a sophisticate when it...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “Another Sample from *High Adventure* Lightly scented and lightly flavored jasmine tea. If you are not into strong flavored floral teas, this would be a good tea for you, since the jasmine flavor...” Read full tasting note
    hesperjune 168 tasting notes
  • “Five down, four to go! Yup, I have been christmas present shopping. These were all the easy presents, to the people who are usually difficult to buy for. But this year I have actually been supplied...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1277 tasting notes
  • “Just realized that I never ogged this tea yet, how bad of me. To not share this wonderful tea with anyone. My apologies. Well this tea is just a treat for me. I don't have a kusmi store near me so...” Read full tasting note
    callabri 141 tasting notes

From Kusmi Tea

Green tea from China scented with jasmine blossoms.

Tasting advice: delicious plain or sweetened, this is the tea used in the Asian cuisine.

SUGGESTIONS FOR PREPARING
Infusion Time: 3 to 4 minutes
Best water temperature: 80°C

About Kusmi Tea View company

Tried this again today when I could pay a bit more attention. No. 1 wanted to try it so I gave him some. He quite likes it. The BF does as well, though he’s not much of a sophisticate when it comes to tea and his compliment was a bit backhanded (“tastes like Chinese restaurant tea-it’s nice”).

I like it as well. The jasmine has a freshness to it and a wonderful aroma. The floral notes are predominant in the taste as well. It’s not at all bitter. There’s nothing off-putting about it.

If I have one main complaint about this tea, it’s that I don’t really taste the tea while the tea is hot. Usually with Chinese jasmine greens, I get a sweet, buttery green tea taste along with the jasmine. I feel as though the tea flavor just starts to peek out as the tea cools.

I honestly don’t have a clear memory of other jasmine greens I’ve had in the past that I would say are that much more awesome than this, but I know I’ve had some that had a different balance between the floral scent and the tea itself. I’m going to give this a provisional rating that may change as I refresh my memory. The number reflects the really wonderful jasmine but lack of green tea taste.

Another Sample from High Adventure
Lightly scented and lightly flavored jasmine tea.
If you are not into strong flavored floral teas, this would be a good tea for you, since the jasmine flavor is quite subtle.
A very tasty afternoon tea!
Thank you, High Adventure!

Five down, four to go! Yup, I have been christmas present shopping. These were all the easy presents, to the people who are usually difficult to buy for. But this year I have actually been supplied with wish lists. For! The! Win!!! I guess my grandfather wasn’t about to risk a repeat performance of last year where he got three copies of the same book.

When I was about halfway done I passed a cafe and sat down for a cup of tea and a yummy yummy chocolate orange cake. If ever there was a spongecake rating website, I’d give that one at least a 95.

This tea was a bad choice though. Oh the TEA was just nice. Very jasmine-y aroma and a surprisingly light brew. I thought it tasted pretty good, and was for once pleasantly surprised by Kusmi. They’re better than your average teabags for sure, but I’ve always felt that Kusmi was generally just the teensiest bit overrated. I liked this one, though. It could have had a better balance between tea and jasmine as the majority of the flavour was jasmine, but it could definitely have been so much worse too.

It’s just a shame that it was a far too delicate tea to go with the cake I had chosen. :/

Rijje

So I am not the only one who think Kusmi is a little overrated :)
I wish I was as rational as you… I have tons of presents to buy, and it’s nearly christmas.

Angrboda

No, I got a sampler box with ten different teabags from Kusmi last year. I was rather disappointed by most of them.

teaplz

Oooh, interesting. I’ve had the same problem with eating and tea! I’ll think to myself, I want THAT! And then I’ll sit there eating my choice and wincing because what I’ve chosen doesn’t go at all with my tea. :(

And I haven’t heard the best about Kusmi, although Prince Vladamir is supposed to be good.

Ricky

Argh prince vladamir, I couldn’t get past the smell, chai!!! Ahhhhhh! This one sounds good though.

Rijje

I like the Prince Vladimir. But that’s because the smell reminds me of bubblegum :)

Just realized that I never ogged this tea yet, how bad of me. To not share this wonderful tea with anyone. My apologies. Well this tea is just a treat for me. I don’t have a kusmi store near me so I have to ration these lovely teas. Jasmine Green has got to be my favorite kusmi tea. It is just perfect for leaving the bag in, it doesn’t overpower or get too strong. I had this yesturday while relaxing by the fire.

Not bad, but my sample was a little weak. I’d love to try this a little fresher. It had a nice color and good aroma.

This was another sample from the travelling tea box. I really like jasmine teas, but to me they are all generally the same. I haven’t had a bad one yet. The only thing that can make it bad for me is a vegetal green tea base and luckily this one was not so. The green tea base is not too strong, and the jasmine flavour is quite prominent. I disagree with the reviews that say the jasmine flavour is subtle. Thanks Calla for throwing this in the box!

Steep Information:

Flavor: minty, vegetal, bitter
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: bitter, burnt
Liquor: Translucent yellow-orange-green

mint? where did the mint come from? needed less leaf or less time, was going with 1.5tsp/8oz

Rating: 2/4 leaves

Blog: http://amazonv.teatra.de/2013/01/08/kusmi-tea-loose-leaf-green-tea-jasmine-green-tea/

Usually when I buy Kusmi Tea, I buy their more special blends, their Russians, their flavored etc., and why I do that seems clearly in this tea, because it’s not very flavorful. Combine that with my preference about jasmine, and you have a slightly disappointing tea. The dry tea smells of course of jasmine flowers, but the green tea itself also shines through as an aromatic, grassy smell. The green tea base is, as i can see, a chun mee tea, which isn’t my preferred green tea. I prefer sencha and gunpowder over chun mee. The chun mees from Kusmi Tea I have tasted were all lightly anstringent. The brewed tea smells pretty much like the dry tea, but here the jasmine is even more subtle, which is positive to me. The color in the cup is orangey-yellow, and the taste is okay, I would say, but the aftertaste is slightly tannic, it’s not much, it’s just a hint of tannin, but what’s worse, is that the tea itself is boring. Kusmi did a slightly disappointing job here, and I don’t think it’s a tea, that I’m going to buy in big amounts.

Pretty average for a Jasmine Green tea (which I am not usually fond of to begin with) but this isn’t bad. I like and appreciate the fact that there isn’t that Jasmine aftertaste that lingers…it’s sweeter at the end instead…Thank you for that Kusmi.

I love Jasmine tea and I love Kusmi, so my hopes were high for this tea. The fragrance was lovely — I could smell it as soon as I opened the bag. The smell of the tea as it steeped was also beautiful, but I found myself slightly disappointed by the taste. Maybe it’s that I recently tried a wonderful Jasmine tea at Samovar (the one in Yerba Buena gardens in SF) and that spoiled me. This is a quality tea, but it did not knock my socks off. I am undecided on whether or not I would buy it again!