Jasmine Green Tea

Green Tea
Green Tea, Jasmine Flowers
Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

2 Images

• “Tried this again today when I could pay a bit more attention. No. 1 wanted to try it so I gave him some. He quite likes it. The BF does as well, though he's not much of a sophisticate when it...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 951 tasting notes
  • “Another Sample from *High Adventure* Lightly scented and lightly flavored jasmine tea. If you are not into strong flavored floral teas, this would be a good tea for you, since the jasmine flavor...” Read full tasting note
    hesperjune 168 tasting notes
  • “Five down, four to go! Yup, I have been christmas present shopping. These were all the easy presents, to the people who are usually difficult to buy for. But this year I have actually been supplied...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1254 tasting notes
  • “Just realized that I never ogged this tea yet, how bad of me. To not share this wonderful tea with anyone. My apologies. Well this tea is just a treat for me. I don't have a kusmi store near me so...” Read full tasting note
    callabri 141 tasting notes

From Kusmi Tea

Green tea from China scented with jasmine blossoms.

Tasting advice: delicious plain or sweetened, this is the tea used in the Asian cuisine.

SUGGESTIONS FOR PREPARING
Infusion Time: 3 to 4 minutes
Best water temperature: 80°C

About Kusmi Tea View company

I continue my journey through the world of jasmine-scented teas with Kusmi’s loose-leaf Jasmine Green, of which I have a sample tin (25 gram). The dried tea is strongly scented, but that is to be expected from Kusmi, which appears to have a liberal scenting policy, generally speaking. I should say, though, that there are visible jasmine blossoms in this blend, so it’s not just a matter of spraying on jasmine essence in this case.

The many shapes, sizes, and shades of the leaves suggests that this is a blend of a variety of green teas. I knew that I’d be performing multiple infusions, so I used 4 grams in my small pot (about 10 ounces). The resultant dark gold liquor was, unsurprisingly, rich and potent. In fact, I may have slightly overleafed on this batch. But that just means that the second infusion should be perfect! I’ll report back…

second infusion: as predicted, very tasty—and better than the first!

Flavors: Flowers

170 °F / 76 °C 3 min, 0 sec 4 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

The taste of this tea is a little weak, but regardless it is relaxing, perfect on a lonely afternoon. The jasmine comes through quite well, giving it a floral and somewhat sweet smell and taste.

Another review my lovely computer got rid of when my browser “quit unexpectedly.” It’s not like these reviews are priceless high art or something, but having to rethink them still makes me want to throw my computer at a wall, especially when I’m not drinking the tea at the moment.

I don’t have much experience with jasmine teas, but this was beautifully fragrant and it was a lovely, calming experience drinking it. I enjoyed it a lot and wish I could say more about it now, but will update this when I drink my other bag of it. I drank it unsweetened and without milk or anything else and I think that’s the best way because of how precious that fragrance is. However, I did have something in the Lebanese restaurants in Paris that tasted like jasmine tea with a bit of sweetener and orange blossom water. It was delicious.

For a type of tea as traditional as jasmine, I’m inclined to think that better quality or fuller flavour might be found in teas from a brand specialising in Asian teas. I like Kusmi a lot, but I don’t think this is the best jasmine I could be drinking. I never thought it would be, it was just one component of the sampler I got. This tea doesn’t taste like it’s not good quality or anything, though. Side note: you can’t effectively re-steep these leaves.

I’ll try more jasmine teas in future, and it might be interesting to see how the jasmine tastes alongside green teas with slightly different flavours.