Green Tea with Spearmint (Thé Nanah à la menthe)

Green Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Leonor

2 Images

From Kusmi Tea

Green tea from China flavored with Nanah mint from Morocco

Tasting advice: delicious plain, sweetened, or iced in summer. This is the tea used in Morocco for the famous mint tea.

Refreshing and thirst-quenching, it is also delicious after meals.

About Kusmi Tea View company

I’m not a big green tea drinker, but I am a sucker for gunpowder green tea + spearmint. Something about the combination of that “vegetable green” taste and mint just soothes me. The low stimulant factor makes it a great nighttime tea too. For two years I purchased Moroccan Mint from Teavana to satisfy my gunpowder green + spearmint cravings. Kusmi included a sample of this in one of my orders and one taste had me hooked. I tossed out the Teavana blend in favor of this and never looked back!

This is not my favorite green-mint blend. Kousmi used to have a better one with a stronger mint flavor and pieces of rock sugar mixed in, since the N. African taste is to drink it very sweet. I prefer the spearmint-green blend from TeaGschwedner, which also makes Le Touareg—gunpowder green with peppermint. Extremely strong and addictive!

The dry leaves smell delicious, and a little bit of the tea goes a long way. I love green tea, and the mint flavor was not overpowering like in most minty teas. This tea has the perfect balance between earthy and refreshing.

I love this spearmint tea iced! It is absolutely delicious. I do recommend adding a little bit of sugar and not steeping it for too long. The spearmint smells wonderful and tastes great.

I tried it as a sample in the Kusmi Tea shop (Montreal) and have been addicted ever since.

Green tea usually makes me sick (heart palpitations) but this one seems to be fine.

The box looks lovely, which counts a lot for me!

Great tea, overall. Reminds me of the Moroccan tea I drank a while ago, with fresh mint.

A favorite — minty with a smoky quality.

An excellent mint tea. Wonderful flavour, extremely refreshing. I prefer spearmint to other mints, so this is my first choice among mint teas.

Had this tea in Denmark for the first time. The dry leaf nose is so prevalent with spearmint that is does remind you of a pack of Wrigley’s Doublemint gum. The nice thing about this tea is that you can prepare it several ways and get a completely different profile each time.

Super hot (not boiling) steep gets you the most green tea notes and color.
Just bring down the temp depending on how much mint you want.
I like 190 degrees (F).

I was not a mint tea fan until coming across this blend. Still not a fan of the black teas mixed with mint. But this Kusmi Green w/ Spearmint is a taste changer.

Awesome when made as a sun tea too… you really get the spearmint flavors.