Black Fruit Blend
Bergamot, Ceylon Black Tea, Chinese Black Tea, Indian Black Tea, Mandarin Orange, Orange Flavoring
Citrus Fruits, Floral, Tea, Bergamot, Tannin, Orange
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Sivasubramanian

2 Images

• “I had a sample tin of this two years ago, in that Russian Blends sample sets, and back then I rather liked this one. But I finished the sample and didn't pay any further attention to it. Untill...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1311 tasting notes
  • “I think I will try another of these Kusmi teas. They have been the victims of changing tastebuds, because there are several Kusmi teas that I used to love (or at least enjoy), and now they are not...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2031 tasting notes
  • “*Thank you Will Work For Tea for this Sample!* I know for sure that God is watching over me! I am a dumb woman who almost got herself killed tonight! After the monsoon thunder and lightning...” Read full tasting note
    bonniejohnstone 673 tasting notes
  • “Thank you for this one, *Will Work For Tea*! This is the kind of Earl Grey I could drink plenty of. It's not in your face but it still definitely has the flavor of bergamot. There's additional...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes

From Kusmi Tea

Blend of black teas from China, India and Ceylon flavored with natural essences of bergamot, orange, and mandarin. Russian blend.

Tasting advice: delicious plain or sweetened

TEA PROFILE
Origin: China, Ceylon and India
Main flavor: citrus with fruity note
Quantity needed: 0,1 oz.

PREPARATION
Time of day: morning
Ideal water temperature: 185°F – 195°F
Recommended brewing time: 3-4 min

About Kusmi Tea View company

Another one of Kusmi´s “The Russians” range, and this one doesn´t do anything – not in the positive sense, not in the citrus fruits in the final drink (and they are surely present in the nose of the loose tea). More a floral touch really.

Flavors: Citrus Fruits, Floral

Backlog 12/67

Another from Cameron B.

This tea was so bland I could barely taste any flavor at all. I guessed maybe a hint of bergamot but mostly just tannic tea. I didn’t get anything more from it. It wasn’t what I’d want in a tea. Smelled nice tho.

Again, thanks for the experience Cameron! :)

Flavors: Bergamot, Tannin, Tea

I love revisiting older teas that I haven’t had in a while. It’s amazing how much better my palate has gotten, and it’s especially evident to me with these Russian Blends. Now they taste so different from one another, when before I struggled to discern flavors in them. Yay, progress! I also feel now that they deserve higher ratings than I initially gave, as the flavoring is that lovely French variant that tastes somewhat subtle and natural as opposed to the Della Terra, David’s, etc. variant that I almost can’t stomach anymore.

As much as I’m enjoying this tea, I can’t justify keeping it around when I’m already going to be keeping both St. Petersburg and Prince Vladimir. Two bergamot teas are enough! I think Bouquet of Flowers way have to wiggle its way into the rehoming box, blah floral!

boychik

I still want to try Traktir.

T&C TTB Tea #3 Backlog May 23

I had this tea on my must-try list for a while, because I really like St. Petersburg.

I didn’t much care for this, however.

All I got out of it was a citrusy black tea, that was somewhat astringent and not terribly flavorful.

I didn’t bother keeping the sample of this from the TTB, I actually didn’t even finish the cup, it was hurting my teeth. I really need a creamy note to make a lemony tea enjoyable for me.

This was….icky.

(Steeped 4 min at 185 degrees.)

This is nice, it’s got a light citrus kick. Thanks to Nicole, for the tea! Definitely a relief from the tea I tried earlier, tasted yuck. This is a good one to have with snackies :) I’m trying to figure out what to eat…. I’m watching Man v Food and really want like 5 grilled cheese sandwiches. Even though the guy looks like he’s not going to make it, the gooey cheese looks sooooo good. My town needs a grilled cheese truck too…

Nicole

Oh, gawd. A grilled cheese truck would be the end of me.

OK I freely admit that I bought this tea because it had a little mustachioed Bolshevik on the tin. They have since ditched that packaging, I see. I drank the tea, never really wanted any more of it, but kept the tin with the bolshevik. I remember it reminding me of Constant Comment. Like really expensive Constant Comment with ace packaging. Actually I quite like constant comment in a nostalgic sort of way and I’m sure at Christmas this year my mom will serve it with krumbkakka and it’ll be like the 70s all up in there.

3rd Russian Blend from NYC friends.

Smoky Mandarin, mildly floral, black tea! A little bit astringent, might have to cut the time down to 2m 30s next time.

Decadent yet light and airy. Could use a little more punch but overall enjoyed this black. Was perfect for a spring morning while settling into the day. I like some of the other Kusmi tea’s better but this is still a great tea.

Not as assertive as some of Kusmi’s other great teas, and probably the least interesting of its Earl Grey variations, but a very pleasant, light, and drinkable afternoon blend.

Really delicious, like all of the Kusmi teas that I have tried. These folks know how to flavor tea.