Black Fruit Blend
Bergamot, Ceylon Black Tea, Chinese Black Tea, Flowers, Lemon, Lime
Bergamot, Citrus, Honey, Lime, Orange Blossom, Earl Grey, Bitter, Floral, Tea, Lemon, Orange
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by Teatotaler

From Kusmi Tea

Blend of black teas from China and Ceylon flavored with natural essences of bergamot, lemon, lime and orange blossom. Russian blend.

Tasting advice: delicious plain or sweetened

Origin: China and Ceylon
Main flavor: citrus with a fruity note
Quantity needed: 0,1 oz.

Time of day: all day
Ideal water temperature: 185°F – 195°F
Recommended brewing time: 3-4 min

About Kusmi Tea View company

There’s nothing better than having a lazy day off. The only way today could’ve been better was if my boyfriend was here. Unfortunately our relationship is currently long-distance, but hopefully we’ll fix that soon.

Anyway, about the tea; quite nice, actually. There’s a sort of familiar taste to it, but I can’t quite pin it down. This is another smooth one.

I also really like how all these teas seem to be different takes on an Earl Grey.

This was a bit of a letdown. Supposedly a lady grey type, except IMO good old cheap lady grey from a teabag is much better – a more interesting balanced flavour (less bergamot I think) and more intense.

Without additives: Lemony. Bergamot. Something that tastes like rosemary or some slightly bitter herb/plant. Not very smooth.
With additives: Slight improvement because I like the taste of milk.
It seems like the flavors just don’t go together with the tea.

Pure bliss. It makes my day brighter, music sound better and it makes my taste-buds smile. An perfectly balanced flavor and a to die for aroma. 100% Perfect.

Firstly, a huge thank you to ::Nicole:: for the generous sample that sparked my fascination with this beautiful Russian tea blend! I loved it so much that I ordered a tin from Kusmi that arrived yesterday.

So, it’s a rainy weekend here in The Old Dominion. Rainy weekends just beg for a good book and good pot of tea to go with it. I am currently reading “The Romanov Sisters: The Lost Lives of the Daughters of Nicholas and Alexandra” by Helen Rappaport. Anastasia by Kusmi Teas was created around 1917/1918 in Paris after the company fled St. Petersburg at the start of the Russian Revolution. This tea was, indeed, named for the youngest daughter of the imperial family. Nothing like pairing an historical book with a matching historical tea!

But I digress. This tea is an amazing melange of citrus, orange blossom and honey flavors. The honey note really comes out with just a little bit of sugar. Lime is the dominant citrus flavor. The bergamot works brilliantly in the background. The Chinese and Ceylon base teas add breadiness and sparkle respectively. Strangely, there is an illusive scent reminiscent of sweet incense not unlike myrrh which is used in Russian Orthodox churches. Like it’s namesake, this tea possesses an element of mystery.

As I sip this tea it is quite easy for me to envision Nicholas and Alexandra, the beautiful grand duchesses and the young tsarevich at Tsarskoe Selo enjoying teatime together with a tea like this. It’s that good!

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus, Honey, Lime, Orange Blossom

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I’m sorry I’ve kind of been neglecting Steepster as of late. Between unexpectedly having to stay in the city for a lot longer than anticipated, walking 20+ kilometres per day, and never being around to actually drink tea, I feel like such a stranger to this wonderful place right now. Hope everyone’s summers have been fantabulous!

Onto this tea. I ordered this last time I was at Remedy rather than having one of their legendary chais, which is kind of crazy, but come on, they put me in a difficult position! While they have the greatest chai in Canada (I’m sure!), they also carry a wide variety of loose teas that no other cafe in Edmonton does. On their tea wall, you can find Kusmi, Løv, and Sloane, and probably more cool ones if I took more time to look.

This sounded like a good idea on a rainy day. Earl grey with orange blossom. Count me in. I let it steep for a few minutes as I walked down the street with the teabag still in the cup, not wanting it to forget about it and ruin it. It ended up just tasting like black tea with a hint of orange blossom and a whisper of citrus. It was so incredibly faint. The base was bold but not bitter, at least. Overall, it was an uninspiring cup. But I’m looking forward to going through that tea wall of theirs and trying more.

Welcome back! 20km a day sure is a lot…I hope you have more time to slow down and enjoy a nice tea more often!

when i tried it in bag form it is very bland. Loose leaf version is very flavorful.

Thanks, Mikumofu! You’re right, I need to do other things with my day too haha.

That’s weird since it was the loose leaf version.

This is a review from about a week ago, as the page for this tea has been down.

This seems to be Kusmi’s version of a Lady Grey. It’s less intense than Twining’s Lady Grey, but has a similar “Froot Loopy” flavour. I don’t remember much else about this. It’s not remarkable, but it’s nice.

This tea is a staple in my collection and one that I drink on a daily basis, preferably in the morning, as it helps wake me up. Although the tea does have a fragrance of lemon, the taste of lemon is not always that noticeable, often only surfacing in the after-taste. Nonetheless, I think Anastasia is a timeless earl grey, whose hints of lemon enrich it and set it apart from other earl grey teas.

Monthly TTB Club.

This is a good tea, but not quite to my tastes. I prefer my earl grey with either a stronger floral flavor, or with vanilla or cream flavors. But I would recommend this to anyone who likes citrus black teas. It has a mild flavor, isn’t bitter, and the flavors come together well and taste very natural. I won’t restock, since it’s not my favorite tea, but I do recommend it for anyone looking for this kind of flavor.

For some reason, bergamot and I don’t always get along when it comes to tea. It’s quite hit or miss with me. I picked up an adorable sample tin of this sometime a year or two ago— it came as part of a sampler set. Though the teas were definitely of good quality, I wasn’t a huge fan of most of the others. However, I rather liked this one.

Smooth and sweet black tea base. The flavouring isn’t too overwhelming— the bergamot is tempered a little by the lemon, lime and subtle orange blossom notes. Quite comforting, like being wrapped up in a warm blanket.

I seem to like bergamot with added flavors, like other citrus. This sounds nice. :)