Anastasia

Bergamot, Ceylon Black Tea, Chinese Black Tea, Natural Lemon Flavor
Bitter, Floral, Tea, Bergamot, Lemon, Lime, Orange
Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “ I have been absent from Steepster because a large group of people descended upon my home, these people were always needing to be fed, whining about how the shower they took was cold and always...” Read full tasting note
    hesperjune 168 tasting notes
  • “I've been sipping away at this without even thinking! My first day of training got cancelled, nooooo, but I go tomorrow. I went to the mall anyway to confirm my suspicions that I have no idea how...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes
  • “I had thist tea with lunch and I greatly enjoyed it. The base was fragrant, full-bodied and a little malty.. The addition of a variety of citrus really worked well with the base. I definitely need...” Read full tasting note
    fuzzy_peachkin 464 tasting notes
  • “I'm beginning to think Kusmi can do no wrong with black teas. This is the 4th I have tried, and it's very good. Latte'd it up today, because it's just one of those days where you're lucky I got out...” Read full tasting note
    Skulleigh 296 tasting notes

From Kusmi Tea

Blend of black teas from China and Ceylon flavored with natural essences of bergamot, lemon, lime and orange blossom. Russian blend.

Tasting advice: delicious plain or sweetened

TEA PROFILE
Origin: China and Ceylon
Main flavor: citrus with a fruity note
Quantity needed: 0,1 oz.

PREPARATION
Time of day: all day
Ideal water temperature: 185°F – 195°F
Recommended brewing time: 3-4 min

About Kusmi Tea View company

There’s nothing better than having a lazy day off. The only way today could’ve been better was if my boyfriend was here. Unfortunately our relationship is currently long-distance, but hopefully we’ll fix that soon.

Anyway, about the tea; quite nice, actually. There’s a sort of familiar taste to it, but I can’t quite pin it down. This is another smooth one.

I also really like how all these teas seem to be different takes on an Earl Grey.

This was a bit of a letdown. Supposedly a lady grey type, except IMO good old cheap lady grey from a teabag is much better – a more interesting balanced flavour (less bergamot I think) and more intense.

Without additives: Lemony. Bergamot. Something that tastes like rosemary or some slightly bitter herb/plant. Not very smooth.
With additives: Slight improvement because I like the taste of milk.
It seems like the flavors just don’t go together with the tea.

Pure bliss. It makes my day brighter, music sound better and it makes my taste-buds smile. An perfectly balanced flavor and a to die for aroma. 100% Perfect.

For some reason, bergamot and I don’t always get along when it comes to tea. It’s quite hit or miss with me. I picked up an adorable sample tin of this sometime a year or two ago— it came as part of a sampler set. Though the teas were definitely of good quality, I wasn’t a huge fan of most of the others. However, I rather liked this one.

Smooth and sweet black tea base. The flavouring isn’t too overwhelming— the bergamot is tempered a little by the lemon, lime and subtle orange blossom notes. Quite comforting, like being wrapped up in a warm blanket.

Tealizzy

I seem to like bergamot with added flavors, like other citrus. This sounds nice. :)

Tasty! Would drink again. Would also pair with almond-flavor cookies.

Boiling 4 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 20 OZ / 591 ML

The smell is nice, and there are some nice flavors, citrus specifically. That said, it is basically a fancy pants Earl Grey tea. If you like Earl Grey, you will like this. I will pass.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Backlog 3/67

This tea came in from either Cameron or Mandy and I’m not sure which. Sorry. I got both packages at the same time and I’m so confused about which were which now >_

Flavors: Bitter, Floral, Tea

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Cameron B.

Hm, I don’t usually have issues with these teas being bitter. But I do brew it at around 200 degrees so maybe that makes a difference? This one is a bergamot tea and it has lemon and lime flavors with orange blossom.

Arshness

I didn’t notice any flavors in it is the thing. I don’t know if maybe the bag let too much air to it or what, but it didn’t have much of a taste. The bitter was mild, but there just weren’t any other flavors I could notice. Maybe the bergamot tricked me into thinking bitter. I didn’t realize bergamot was in it to begin with. :)

In the nose this promises to be a wonderful Earl Grey like tea, but once brewed it´s not that brilliant, at least not for me. It seems that all the citrics just flew away, resulting in quite a flat taste. Maybe I need to change the steeping parameters a bit, as this isn´t supposed to be “just” a black tea. BTW, couldn´t discover the orange blossom in the tea either.

Flavors: Bergamot

T&C TTB Tea #15 Backlog May 27

I guess I’m not really a fan of Kusmi’s teas. I had a bunch I wanted to try and was able to do so with this TTB, however was ultimately disappointed.

This one, not any different.

I found it astringent. It made my teeth hurt, maybe I have some kind of dental issues!

It was similar to St Petersberg but not nearly as good. The bergamot seemed weak to me.
It was similar to Troika, I couldn’t even tell you the difference.

Not my thing. I do not enjoy lemon/lime flavours in black teas. No sir I do not.