Anastasia

Bergamot, Ceylon Black Tea, Chinese Black Tea, Natural Lemon Flavor
Bitter, Floral, Tea, Bergamot, Lemon, Lime, Orange
Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Kusmi Tea

Blend of black teas from China and Ceylon flavored with natural essences of bergamot, lemon, lime and orange blossom. Russian blend.

Tasting advice: delicious plain or sweetened

TEA PROFILE
Origin: China and Ceylon
Main flavor: citrus with a fruity note
Quantity needed: 0,1 oz.

PREPARATION
Time of day: all day
Ideal water temperature: 185°F – 195°F
Recommended brewing time: 3-4 min

About Kusmi Tea View company

There’s nothing better than having a lazy day off. The only way today could’ve been better was if my boyfriend was here. Unfortunately our relationship is currently long-distance, but hopefully we’ll fix that soon.

Anyway, about the tea; quite nice, actually. There’s a sort of familiar taste to it, but I can’t quite pin it down. This is another smooth one.

I also really like how all these teas seem to be different takes on an Earl Grey.

This was a bit of a letdown. Supposedly a lady grey type, except IMO good old cheap lady grey from a teabag is much better – a more interesting balanced flavour (less bergamot I think) and more intense.

Without additives: Lemony. Bergamot. Something that tastes like rosemary or some slightly bitter herb/plant. Not very smooth.
With additives: Slight improvement because I like the taste of milk.
It seems like the flavors just don’t go together with the tea.

Pure bliss. It makes my day brighter, music sound better and it makes my taste-buds smile. An perfectly balanced flavor and a to die for aroma. 100% Perfect.

This tea is a staple in my collection and one that I drink on a daily basis, preferably in the morning, as it helps wake me up. Although the tea does have a fragrance of lemon, the taste of lemon is not always that noticeable, often only surfacing in the after-taste. Nonetheless, I think Anastasia is a timeless earl grey, whose hints of lemon enrich it and set it apart from other earl grey teas.

Monthly TTB Club.

This is a good tea, but not quite to my tastes. I prefer my earl grey with either a stronger floral flavor, or with vanilla or cream flavors. But I would recommend this to anyone who likes citrus black teas. It has a mild flavor, isn’t bitter, and the flavors come together well and taste very natural. I won’t restock, since it’s not my favorite tea, but I do recommend it for anyone looking for this kind of flavor.

For some reason, bergamot and I don’t always get along when it comes to tea. It’s quite hit or miss with me. I picked up an adorable sample tin of this sometime a year or two ago— it came as part of a sampler set. Though the teas were definitely of good quality, I wasn’t a huge fan of most of the others. However, I rather liked this one.

Smooth and sweet black tea base. The flavouring isn’t too overwhelming— the bergamot is tempered a little by the lemon, lime and subtle orange blossom notes. Quite comforting, like being wrapped up in a warm blanket.

Tealizzy

I seem to like bergamot with added flavors, like other citrus. This sounds nice. :)

Tasty! Would drink again. Would also pair with almond-flavor cookies.

Boiling 4 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 20 OZ / 591 ML

The smell is nice, and there are some nice flavors, citrus specifically. That said, it is basically a fancy pants Earl Grey tea. If you like Earl Grey, you will like this. I will pass.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Backlog 3/67

This tea came in from either Cameron or Mandy and I’m not sure which. Sorry. I got both packages at the same time and I’m so confused about which were which now >_

Flavors: Bitter, Floral, Tea

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Cameron B.

Hm, I don’t usually have issues with these teas being bitter. But I do brew it at around 200 degrees so maybe that makes a difference? This one is a bergamot tea and it has lemon and lime flavors with orange blossom.

Arshness

I didn’t notice any flavors in it is the thing. I don’t know if maybe the bag let too much air to it or what, but it didn’t have much of a taste. The bitter was mild, but there just weren’t any other flavors I could notice. Maybe the bergamot tricked me into thinking bitter. I didn’t realize bergamot was in it to begin with. :)