Black Fruit Blend
Bergamot, Ceylon Black Tea, Chinese Black Tea, Flowers, Lemon, Lime
Bergamot, Citrus, Honey, Lime, Orange Blossom, Earl Grey, Bitter, Floral, Tea, Lemon, Orange
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by Teatotaler

From Kusmi Tea

Blend of black teas from China and Ceylon flavored with natural essences of bergamot, lemon, lime and orange blossom. Russian blend.

Tasting advice: delicious plain or sweetened

Origin: China and Ceylon
Main flavor: citrus with a fruity note
Quantity needed: 0,1 oz.

Time of day: all day
Ideal water temperature: 185°F – 195°F
Recommended brewing time: 3-4 min

About Kusmi Tea View company

I had no idea that Russians were/are obsessed with Earl Grey. I say this because all of the tins in my Russian collection from Kusmi contain black tea scented with bergamot! My first foray into the set is Anastasia, which smells just like a fine Earl Grey in the dried form.

The liquor is a dark red amber, and the flavor is more floral than citrus to me. Perhaps it is the power of suggestion, but I do believe that I am tasting and smelling a bit of orange blossom in this blend. I like Anastasia: a nice combination of citrus and floral aromas and flavors. I drank this, my very first glass, with light cream.

I forgot to taste the tea before adding cream, so I’ll have to wait until next time to attach a number to Anastasia. The black tea base does seem better than the average Earl Grey—both China black and Ceylon are included—but I need to taste it au naturel to be sure.

You are right. Russians were not obsessed with EG. But we always liked tea with fresh lemon and cubed sugar. I like Anastasia a lot. Nowadays I have it when we have some company. Usually with Russian pastries

Thanks boychik, I appreciate this insider perspective. Now another question for you: Dostoyevsky or Tolstoy? ;-)

If you would ask me like 20 yrs ago Tolstoy. Now I think I’m leaning more towards Dostoevsky. We were forced to study them in middle school mostly. I think it was wrong and gave wrong impression. I wasn’t mature enough to appreciate.

Interesting, boychik! I’ve always been a Dostoevsky gal myself. I enjoyed reading Anna Karenina, but I especially love Dostoevsky’s psychological insights and existential perspective. Needless to say, we in the United States were not forced to study these authors. I found them myself.

I wonder whether anyone will be reading such long novels a century from now, when every human being will have developed ADD from attending to their gadgets…

Well if you like some unusual reading I can recommend you Michael Bulgakov “Master & Margarita” . If you decide to read it some history lessons needed 1917 revolution and aftermath. Till probably 1939.

Thanks for the recommendation, boychik!

A weak Earl Grey, with lemon and other citrus. Move along. Nothing to see here. Probably a fine cuppa for those who want more of a citrus note to their Earl Grey, but I’m all about big, bold, boastful bergamot.

The last Russian blend sampler brought by NYC friends.

A great mix of lemon, orange, bergamot in a malty black base. Best out of the 5 Russian Blend Samplers.

One of my favorite EG teas, i kind of like the citrus notes and weaker bergamot taste.

Wonderful tea. My favorite of the handful of Kusmi teas that I have tried. Beautifully rounded, the bergamot does not go bitter like other black teas .

I fell in love the first time I sniffed at it. It was earl grey that I knew and liked, but the orange blossom and citrus lifted it. I brought my entire can of tea to work and by the end of the day I had only 2/3 left… Perfect for a pick-me-up during the day!

The dry leaf smells like a roll of assorted Lifesavers candy. Very bright.
When brewed the aroma off the cup is definitely Ceylon.
Sipping it has decidedly less fruit than you’d expect from the nose of the dry leaf.
A citrus candy Earl Gray, but with plenty of room for the tea to stay forward center.