Zoubrovka

Edit tea info Last updated by LatteTeaDah

From Kusmi Tea

Black tea from China flavored with natural essences of buffalo grass.
Main Flavor: floral with herbaceous and slightly liqueur-like note.

About Kusmi Tea View company

I knew there was something familiar in the name Zoubrovka. Turns out there’s a Polish vodka infused with the same buffalo grass of the same name. Wasn’t aware I was purchasing a Polish tea blend, but I’m all the more pleased with the discovery (being part Polish.)

So what does a black tea infused with buffalo grass taste like? I honestly found it to be similar to the sakura teas I’ve tried – floral and cherry notes over a smooth black tea. I don’t drink alcohol, but if the buffalo grass flavors the famous vodka brand as well as it does, I understand the appeal!

This is the second Kusmi I’ve tried and they’re 2 for 2. Strong without being astringent, flavoring that doesn’t knock you over in lieu of the tea itself. The Zoubrovka blend doesn’t hint at it’s floral/cherry notes in the dry leaf or aroma, but it’s there in the sip. A delicious daytime sipper for the office.

Blow me away why doncha? Herbal, sweet…Kusmi is right, this does taste like a liqueur. Delicious. Simply delicious.

Paul M Tracy

There is a liquor connection. There’s a vodka infused with buffalo grass called Żubrówka. (Note the similarity in name.)

I still haven’t finished the tin of this I bought five years ago. It’s okay, but it’s kind of boring, and like many of Kusmi’s teas, I think its scent was writing checks that its taste couldn’t cash. Every time I make this, I’m reminded of the vodka and then I’m disappointed that I’m drinking tea and not vodka. It has a subtle smokiness to it, that is nice and if I were somehow seperated from my giant cannister of lapsang, I would brew this, I guess. I see that some folks like this iced, so maybe I’ll try that, sometime.

Iced, this is the first thing I ingest on a summer morning. The lightly grassy flavor interests my palate without overwhelming it. An invitation to enjoy life.