Black Tea, Natural Flavours
Candy, Floral, Malt, Smooth, Sweet, Violet, Flowers
High
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Kusmi Tea

Black tea from China flavored with natural essences of violet.

About Kusmi Tea View company

I am somewhat obsessed with violets (and refer to myself as a violet-ho at fragrance community websites), so naturally I could not resist trying Kusmi Violet.

The dried tea smells very violet. The liquor is a dark reddish brown—of course, I brewed it strong. The taste of the brew, however, is mostly black tea. I struggled to “taste” the violet, though I do believe that I caught some wafts off the the surface of the tea. Fortunately, the black tea used is pretty good, so I did enjoy this pot and will be drinking the rest of my tin. Perhaps I should sit and sniff the dried tea while I imbibe!

keychange

Speaking of tea and fragrance, I so desperately want to get my hands on the Guerlain teas! but from what I hear from Victoria at bois de jasmine, it’s only available from their flagship store in France, and you can’t even get it from their website!

sherapop

I did not even know about the Guerlain teas, keychange! Sounds intriguing…

I enjoy the taste and smell of violins, which for me is not too strong and not too weak. The black tea itself, however, is quite bland and one dimensional. I still enjoy a cup from time to time, but with some higher grade tea, it could’ve been much better.

I love this tea! The violet smell and taste isn’t too strong, which is great, because it still tastes like tea. It is not bitter at all, very soft, a little bit sweet.

I drink it in the morning, no sugar, no milk, and it is a pure joy.

Favorite tea. Drink everyday.