Chinese Black Tea, Natural Flavours
Candy, Creamy, Sweet, Vanilla, Violet, Floral, Malt, Smooth, Flowers
Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Teatotaler

• “Thank you for some of this tea, Ellyn! I love love love it. Violet is probably my favorite floral flavor. This was actually not as strongly flavored as I thought it was going to be. It’s...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1220 tasting notes
  • “backlog..enjoyed a giant pot of this yesterday.See my previous reviews. Am nudging the rating higher again. It is a really good flavored black tea. Just the right amount of sweet. Updated: this is...” Read full tasting note
    Ellyn 230 tasting notes
  • “nice as a quick stop over cup of tea, but i wouldn’t buy. i suppose it seems a rather half hearted effort to my palate? still, thanks loads to the ever-brilliant ifjuly for the try of it. i...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 384 tasting notes
  • “This is the first violet tea I’ve had. I don’t ordinarily think of violet as something edible, and I don’t think I’ve tasted it before though I’ve seen those violet...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 1184 tasting notes

From Kusmi Tea

Black tea from China flavored with natural essences of violet.

About Kusmi Tea View company

Shoot, omitted this one by mistake.

Drank this as I waited for supper to hurry up and be ready.

Sample sipdown! No clue exactly where it came from though, it’s been so long.

I’d rated this 74 before. I feel like that’s a bit high just because I can now safely say I’m not a huge proponent of flowery teas.

This one wasn’t too much, maybe if it were fresher, it would be more floral.As is, I’d say I would recommend this for someone on the fence about floral teas.

Me, I think I will continue to admire flowers from afar, and with my eyes…not my tongue.

Oh yeah, and I’m lowering the rating a bit.

I am somewhat obsessed with violets (and refer to myself as a violet-ho at fragrance community websites), so naturally I could not resist trying Kusmi Violet.

The dried tea smells very violet. The liquor is a dark reddish brown—of course, I brewed it strong. The taste of the brew, however, is mostly black tea. I struggled to “taste” the violet, though I do believe that I caught some wafts off the the surface of the tea. Fortunately, the black tea used is pretty good, so I did enjoy this pot and will be drinking the rest of my tin. Perhaps I should sit and sniff the dried tea while I imbibe!

keychange

Speaking of tea and fragrance, I so desperately want to get my hands on the Guerlain teas! but from what I hear from Victoria at bois de jasmine, it’s only available from their flagship store in France, and you can’t even get it from their website!

sherapop

I did not even know about the Guerlain teas, keychange! Sounds intriguing…

I enjoy the taste and smell of violins, which for me is not too strong and not too weak. The black tea itself, however, is quite bland and one dimensional. I still enjoy a cup from time to time, but with some higher grade tea, it could’ve been much better.

I love this tea! The violet smell and taste isn’t too strong, which is great, because it still tastes like tea. It is not bitter at all, very soft, a little bit sweet.

I drink it in the morning, no sugar, no milk, and it is a pure joy.

Favorite tea. Drink everyday.