Blue of London

Edit tea info Last updated by Le Palais des Thés

From Le Palais des Thes

Earl Grey has been a great English classic ever since Charles Grey, 2nd Earl of Falloden and Foreign Secretary went on to become Prime Minister in 1830. For saving the life of the Chinese Mandarin, he received in gratitude a specially scented tea flavoured with oil of bergamot.

Yunnan is one of the best black teas in the world and with a fresh and delicate bergamot from Calabria, it gives a particularly fine and well balanced blend. An exceptional Earl Grey.

About Le Palais des Thes View company

The second of the bergamot tea samples sent to me by Nicole. The dry leaves are joined by little purple buds of what must be lavender and some little off white buds. It brews up to a rich, dark amber. I like this one! The base tea is hearty, with only the faintest hint of bitter. The floral bergamot is only a distant flavor on my tongue. I won’t go out and buy 50 grams of this, but I certainly would drink it again if were a choice at a restaurant. (although, sadly, I’ve never yet had tea of this quality at a restaurant.)

This was lovely. It is bergamot-y, but subtle. I enjoyed it with a little lavender honey and milk and I was a big fan. Lately I have been using almond milk because it doesn’t spoil quickly, but have also noticed it giving my tea a distinctive almond flavor that doesn’t always agree with it. Using regular skim milk today showed me that I should use skim milk when I have it, it does make a difference, and save almond milk for other things.

Today marks my first full year on Steepster. It has been an awesome one, and inspired me to reorganize and recommit to getting my stash (aka hoard) under control. Pictures and explanation in my blog post for anyone curious: http://myliferevamp.blogspot.com/

hey! grats on a year here!

I do like this hot. It tastes… sumptuous and decadent. But I made some before I got distracted today. Went off to my hair appointment and it sat on the counter for an hour or so. Completely cold when I returned. Not luxurious so much now but seriously floral and heavily bergamot. It’s official. I like this one hot and really like it cold. :)

Maddy Barone

I’ve never cared fro Earl Grey because of the bergamot. I wonder if in the past I had low quality tea with bergamot and I might like it if I tried a higher quality tea? I might have to try a sample.

Nicole

Maybe. Or you might just be like Sil and not like blergamot. :) But the tea base does make a big difference. This one comes across as deeper and richer to me because it has a Yunnan base. I’d be happy to send you a sample – or a few, I have a couple of EG variants. Just PM me.

It’s pronounced “blergamot” :) ive had maybe 2 EG’s in my life I didn’t despise lol

(I must admit that my senses are too dull to offer the appreciation this tea deserves. But I will try myself. And hopefully I will get better. ✍ )

The smell of this tea was intriguing – not so strong that you’d want to cover your ears with a pillow and cry “5 more minutes please” yet with a tint of citrus flavor just perky enough to lure you out of a drowsy dream. The taste is light, gentle and fresh but the best part comes after you swallow the tea and then slowly breathe out – as the air flows through me, it reminds me of a warm breeze through a forest in early Fall – traversing the light brown and crispy leaves, carrying the sweet reminiscence of the summer flowers, as if they had never faded away.

I never knew waking up in the morning could be so gently cleansing and delightful.

Be sure to steep this tea at the proper temperature. Its silky and smooth, while having some astringency, and a hint of bergamot. A robustly caffienated tea for the morning, it will wake you up!

C’est un thé équilibré que j’apprécie plus que le green of london où la bergamote est plus présente. Ici, la bergamote n’écrase pas les notes du thé noir du Yunnan.
Je le prépare à 2g/10cl, 85°C, et je l’infuse au moins 2 fois pendant 3min. C’est mon préféré parmi les earl grey

This is a tea I like against my own choice.

The tea gives off a strong perfume smell, but it doesn’t have a strong perfume, flowery taste. But the aftertaste on the other hand, has a high perfume taste.

I just can’t agree with myself, do I like the perfume taste or not? It’s a tea that wakes me up (and the taste buds). It’s ideal as a lunch/day tea.

It’s a tea I sometimes choose because it’s strong in taste and so unlike other earl grey tea.

I recommend this tea – or do I? It’s an interesting tea, and it will wake you up. But it’s really the first time I have ever labeled a tea interesting. And it is – I find this tea interesting.