Darjeeling Margaret's Hope T.F.G.F.O.P. Second Flush

Darjeeling Tea
Grass
Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Le Palais des Thes

Fruity with a great character.

About Le Palais des Thes View company

Fruity with a peppery kick. Not bitter at all but has a refreshing astringency. This Darjeeling is 20% Assam so it makes a great wake up tea.

Kashyap

Since Darjeeling and Assam are different regions of India…when you say “this Darjeeling is 20% Assam” are you saying that the tea is predominately Camelia Sinensis Sinensis and some of the plantations leaves are Camelia Sinensis Assamica and they blend them or are you saying that this tea is a blend of two regions…just curious

Nicole Martin

That is a very interesting question Kashyap. I have a contact at the company so I will find out and let you know :)

I went to the tea shop and asked for a few of their Darjeeling, among the three different teas I smelled this one was so fruity and fresh that I bought it.
This is my first tasting of the tea, it is not what I expected, I was very surprised by how fruity it tastes. It is my very first summer Darjeeling. Past this original surprise I liked it as I reached for the familiar Darjeeling glorious flavor I love. Therefore my rating is not very high but will surely improve as it grows on me.
Overall it was not love at first sip, but I think I want to try again. The next time I will put aside my expectations and try to experience this tea as it comes.
This is a tea I have to adjust myself to, and I look forward to this exercise.

Here’s a really good example of what I was just talking about in my tasting note on Norbu Margaret’s Hope FTGFOP Autumn Flush Darjeeling (http://steepster.com/Shera%20Pop/posts/248914).

Palais des Thés sachets in the shiny silver foil envelope offer zero information beyond the fact that this darjeeling came from Margaret’s Hope estate. It’s aimed for people who don’t even know where Margaret’s Hope estate is, as revealed by the text:

A superb tea from the high Himalayan plateaux.

Of course that gives no clue as to ftgfop1, first, second, or autumn flush. That means that the company is free to throw n’importe quoi together in the sachet and call it a day.

All of that said, this sachet darjeeling tastes pretty good. I used the same steeping parameters and the resultant amber liquor is definitely grassier and a bit rougher than the Norbu. Still, this is certainly a good example of the general category of darjeeling for people who are working their way through the sampler box.

(Blazing New Rating #67)

Flavors: Grass

205 °F / 96 °C 3 min, 15 sec 2 g 9 OZ / 266 ML

This tea is, in my opinion, against what all teas are compared especially in the Black category. It’s versatile and has the lovely Darjeeling color. Certainly a premium tea.