Thé des Fakirs

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by cteresa

From Le Palais des Thes

Green tea with spices – cardamom and cloves – and a hint of citrus.

About Le Palais des Thes View company

hmm. I really wasn’t sure what I was going to think about a green tea flavored with these spices (cardamom and clove) and citrus but I actually loved this one! You should know I am a cardamom fiend, however so be warned! That is probably the strongest element in this tea followed by the orange and a hint of clove. I’m not sure what the base of this tea is, but mingled in this blend it is very rich, earthy and mellow. I would definitely be wanting to purchase this, but it’s too bad you can only get it in 100g bags…

I guess this is a green chai of sorts… impressive and my favorite of the flavored teas so far from Le Palais de Thes.

note: also re-steeps well

One of these days I am going to have to order from them! i tried a few of their most popular teas when they were available on a local gourmet shop a while ago and a friend offered me a tin of Thé des Moines a while ago, but their online shop has just been luring me in. It is not between them and Mariage Fréres for stuff i can not buy locally

I was suckered in by the cute sample set, I admit it has been a lot of fun!

I liked this “green chai” from Le Palais Des Thes. It has a nice balance of flavors. Warm spice, and sweet green tea. This one is great iced!

Ah. this is one thing I would order from them again!

No 10 from TTB-A
The aroma of the dry leaf is somewhat chai like, & the brew itself is ok. Not really my thing though.

This is really tasty. I LOVE pretty much all things chai, but it doesn’t always work so well for me with a green tea base. Not the case here – the spices are also lighter, so it doesn’t get too overwhelming. I normally put milk in my chai, but that would be strange to do with green, and this doesn’t need it.