Green Tea
Green Tea
Asparagus, Chestnut
Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Le Palais des Thes

Dragon Well’. One of the most renowned China teas. Originating from the Zhejiang province, the plants grow on the upper slopes of the Tieh Mu mountains. The tea can be recognised by the way it is folded into the shape of a tea leaf. It has a delicate fragrance, a slightly sweet flavour and a silky texture. The liquor is velvety and long in the mouth, with a chestnut aroma.

About Le Palais des Thes View company

A subtle yet enjoyable green tea that does not offend the sensitive palate. The dry leaves are a pale green with streaks of off white running through them, like a forest in the mist. The leaves are pressed flat and rather unique in appearance, almost as though they were chipped off of a larger unity. The scent of the leaves is light and unassuming, and the brewed nose is just the right amount of sweet and nutty. There is a very mild earth tone as well. This is what I’d consider a neutral tea, it should not offend those who shy away from earth or nutty notes, and is sweet enough to provide a good flavor for those who demand it.

The long jing is much better than their pu. A little bit nutty, but not very deep in flavor. It’s better than mediocre

I love drinking Long Jing when I am really thirsty, after a workout.

Another green tea in a muslin sack from Palais des Thés, this one contains Long Jing. The contents are quite broken up, which is a bit surprising. I’d have expected the opposite, given the porosity of these little cotton knapsacks.

The liquor looks like Long Jing: faint peachy green, and the taste is okay. It’s definitely not as smooth, and there is a touch of bitterness, though I followed my usual guidelines for this type of tea. Once again I find myself in the position of saying that this is better than average for a bagged green, but not such a good example of the named tea in question.

(Blazing New Rating #51)

165 °F / 73 °C 2 min, 45 sec 2 g 9 OZ / 266 ML

This is quite a good tea. At first, it will surprise you with sweet aroma, which changes into nutty and vegetal (namely asparagus) as the aroma unfolds. It has a smooth feel in the mouth, but leaves a slightly astringent lingering aftertaste.
Even though it is a good tea that I would recommend, I think it is a bit expensive (15 eur /20 usd) for the quality you get.

Flavors: Asparagus, Chestnut

170 °F / 76 °C 1 min, 0 sec 4 g 4 OZ / 120 ML

I have tasted a fe teas until now, but this guy is by far my favorite. i know I’ll often come back to it. This little bakery taste (???) … Just Yummy !!!