Big Ben G.F.O.P.

Edit tea info Last updated by ssajami

From Le Palais des Thes

A very good blend of Yunnan and Assam. Both mild and invigorating, round and spicy, it is a successful blend of the main characteristics of both teas.

About Le Palais des Thes View company

Backlog from Wednesday. I’ve been visiting a friend in New York for Thanksgiving break and I had this tea at a bakery while eating the original cronut. The tea was very smooth but a bit weaker than I expected. It may also be because the water didn’t seem hot enough. Anyway, a lovely surprise of a tea to accompany my first cronut!

Ok, I’m on a quest for my perfect morning tea. I have replaced all my tea consumption from bags to loose leaf, EXCEPT for my morning tea. I have teabags (black) from a local company that I have been drinking in the morning. It’s not amazing, but it’s decent. For some reason, till now I have not wanted to change that.

Maybe, as I try and taste more types of teas, I am have slowly become a tea snob, because suddenly that morning teabag seems inadequate.

Thus I have embarked on the journey to find loose leaf replacements. For my first stop, I turned to my local (and only) tea shop and purchased a variety of blacks. They don’t sell samples which is a pity as i would have purchased even more. However I am saving on international shipping, so it is, maybe, still worthwhile. Now I have several 50g pouches of black tea to try. I am going to try each for a week.

This is the first tea I have tried. It’s an assam/yunnan blend, which I have never had before. I like yunnan and it’s sweet honey flavor. This shop has a Yunnan Imperial tea that is outstanding. It it one of my favorites. However, this blend is heavy on the yunnan and lighter on the assam, resulting in a tea that is deliciously sweet, but not suitable for morning, when I need a stronger eye-opening tea. It’s like a lighter, slightly maltier yunnan.

This tea is good, but not strong enough for the morning, but I might keep some hand for afternoons.

Not strong enough for a breakfast tea by my standards, it’s still a more than decent tea for lunch or even an early afternoon tea.