Grand Jasmin Chung Feng

Green Tea
Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Le Palais des Thés

• “I am doing a spring cleaning of tea and tea samples, trying to get some nearly empty tins emptied and revisiting swaps and samples. There was enough of this to make a bit for a tea follow-up to...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1829 tasting notes
  • “Thank you *NofarS* for this sample. My first cold steeped jasmine tea. I usually brew my jasmine tea hot and leave it to cool anyway as to my preferable taste. This was left to cold steep for...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1090 tasting notes
  • “My tea of the afternoon.... So light and refreshing! It has a sweetness all its own from the jasmine. Very enjoyable. I am not usually a fan of greens, but jasmine tea is yummy! This tea was...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 974 tasting notes
  • “I've had this for a few days and have been drinking it multiple times a day. I've tried a few different ways of brewing it, and I have to say that it works a lot better as a cold brew. It's very...” Read full tasting note
    mrsbunny1 14 tasting notes

From Le Palais des Thes

About Le Palais des Thes View company

I am doing a spring cleaning of tea and tea samples, trying to get some nearly empty tins emptied and revisiting swaps and samples. There was enough of this to make a bit for a tea follow-up to dinner.

The aroma of this tea makes my eyes roll back in my head. Ah, wonderful jasmine – not perfume-y, soapy jasmine. The steeped tea is a bold deep yellow, not a light lemony yellow like this morning’s Jaune Lemon. It leans a bit toward orange.

The tea base has a decided GOOD astringency, clearing the palate and freshening the breath. There is no bitterness. The jasmine is not overbearing but quite nice. This reminds me a little of Teavivre’s Chun Mee and as I near the end of the pot I feel like I am even getting a bit of that sweet plum aftertaste, but a bit lighter than in Chun Mee.

Delicious, and many thanks to SimplyJenW for sending it.

Bonnie

Very clean, clear and to the point review. Easy to enter into. Wish I could do that more and not overexplain!

Thank you NofarS for this sample.

My first cold steeped jasmine tea. I usually brew my jasmine tea hot and leave it to cool anyway as to my preferable taste. This was left to cold steep for roughly 4 hours.

This has a thick and sweet jasmine fragrance that’s so strong it smells like jasmine perfume. I sell jasmine perfume made from essential oil at work and this is exactly the same, uncanny.

The flavour is as thick as the smell and I’m glad that I didn’t leave it to steep overnight. It edges on being too strong and perfumey with a little bitterness but it quickly subsides. It’s nice to have a jasmine tea with some punch to it. There is also a grassy taste amidst the jasmine.

Glad I cold steeped this, it’s fresher than I thought it would be. I have enjoyed cold steeping so much over this weekend that when I return home tomorrow the first thing I’m going to do is buy a couple of these funky sealed large mugs so I can make them whenever I please.

I couldn’t see this on the Le Palais Des Thes website any more. :(

Iced

My tea of the afternoon…. So light and refreshing! It has a sweetness all its own from the jasmine. Very enjoyable. I am not usually a fan of greens, but jasmine tea is yummy!

This tea was a gift from my friend Karen who spent two weeks with her Mother-in-law in Provence this Summer. Thank you, Karen!

24 oz. teapot, 4 actual tsp tea, 165 degrees, 3 minutes. Very lightly sweetened. Loving my variable electric kettle!

I’ve had this for a few days and have been drinking it multiple times a day. I’ve tried a few different ways of brewing it, and I have to say that it works a lot better as a cold brew. It’s very perfumed, a bit too much for me. When brewed hot you can smell the jasmine, but the taste is very mild. Like. I dunno. I like light teas but this was just okay. Today I tried cold brewing it for a bit over an hour and it works a lot better. It’s a lot more flavorful, you can actually taste the tea and a little bit of… honeysuckle almost?

I’m very happy to have discovered how much better I like it cold brewed, because it makes for a very refreshing cup that way.

Flavors: Flowers

Iced 8 min or more

Super yummy Jasmine tea with no bitterness, just awesome flavor.

I like to cold brew this more than drink it after a hot infusion. I let it hang out in room temperature water for half an hour and then pull the leaves out. Perfection every time.

Iced 8 min or more

A pleasant jasmine tea that has a bit more grassy green tea flavor in it than other jasmines produced by the same firm. I like this a bit less than their Grand Jasmin Mao Feng, although that tea is notably pricier.