Sam Bodhi F.O.P.

Edit tea info Last updated by cteresa

• “This is one of my favorite Ceylon teas of all times, so rich and chocolat-ey! I am enjoying it on this cool, foggy morning. Yesterday I went to a writing/meditation workshop and some interesting...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2310 tasting notes
  • “I'm not into black tea (especially when named black instead of red) and even less into indian black tea, but I've got a little sample of this from the shop. Checking the price of this tea and...” Read full tasting note
    kaitenkenbu 95 tasting notes
  • “ An ceylon tea with a whiff of lead pencil shavings mixed with roasted nuts in the pouch that evolves into a rich, slighty smoky, black tea powerhouse. It tastes vaguely of roasted brazil nuts...” Read full tasting note
    astrida 21 tasting notes
  • “To all my Steepsterites that don't like Ceylon - try this tea! This is now not only my favourite Ceylon, but also one of my favourite teas. It smells wonderful - rich, nutty, fruity, with a slight...” Read full tasting note
    NofarS 340 tasting notes

From Le Palais des Thes

A beautiful tea, rich in buds.

Black tea from Sri Lanka. The liquor is amber, round and highly fragrant.

About Le Palais des Thes View company

Yesterday I went to a writing/meditation workshop and some interesting things came out of that, overall a very positive experience!

Scott B

Tea is kinda reassuring on cool, gloomy days. Not that I’ll know a cool, gloomy day til October or November.

Good to hear your workshop went well :)

TeaBrat

It was a little daunting because I had to write about what I would do if I had 30 days left on this Earth. Kind of difficult to face given what I’ve been dealing with lately.

ScottTeaMan

So glad it’s helping you Amy! :))

I’m not into black tea (especially when named black instead of red) and even less into indian black tea, but I’ve got a little sample of this from the shop.
Checking the price of this tea and knowing the bad quality of the chinese tea from le palais des thes around this price range I expected the worse …

I made it Gong Fu style of course :-) so that if it’s bad, it’s gonna be undrinkable, what is life without risks huh ?
The leafs seemed small, so I used a zhong to filter those correctly (measured risks).

Boiling water, 3+gr, 1’00, 1’00, 2’00, 3’00 … I even tried 5’00, risks baby, risks.
The scent in the zhong is very nice, flower/chocolate. Hey, it’s actually good, who would have thought. The taste is great, it doesn’t linger in the throat or give any complexity but at least no off taste.

It’s not a great tea, but in this price range it’s a very interesting bargain for an everyday red tea. The last brewing, although weak, had still a slight malty taste – 5 brews, more than fair.

An ceylon tea with a whiff of lead pencil shavings mixed with roasted nuts in the pouch that evolves into a rich, slighty smoky, black tea powerhouse. It tastes vaguely of roasted brazil nuts tangled with bitter walnut, melded with a chocolately smoothness that lingers under a lightly floral top note. A delicious and strong tea that is perfect for morning, and well-paired with milk.

To all my Steepsterites that don’t like Ceylon – try this tea!
This is now not only my favourite Ceylon, but also one of my favourite teas. It smells wonderful – rich, nutty, fruity, with a slight smokiness to it. It tastes like rich juicy plums, chewey nuts, and brand new office supplies – newly sharpened cedar pencils, a brand new notebook full of possibilities, a shiny new bag, waiting to be filled with all matter of goodness.
Yes, it is astringent, but in a wonderfully pleasant way.
A tea that is an experperience, filled with depth and taste.

TheTeaFairy

I love the fruitiness of a good Ceylon, I think it’s underrated and gets a bad wrap for all the cheap companies that are using it the wrong way.

Anna

Brand new office supplies – possibly my favourite thing ever.

TeaBrat