Sam Bodhi F.O.P.

Edit tea info Last updated by cteresa

• “This is one of my favorite Ceylon teas of all times, so rich and chocolat-ey! I am enjoying it on this cool, foggy morning. Yesterday I went to a writing/meditation workshop and some interesting...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2809 tasting notes
  • “I’m not into black tea (especially when named black instead of red) and even less into indian black tea, but I’ve got a little sample of this from the shop. Checking the price of this...” Read full tasting note
    kaitenkenbu 95 tasting notes
  • “An ceylon tea with a whiff of lead pencil shavings mixed with roasted nuts in the pouch that evolves into a rich, slighty smoky, black tea powerhouse. It tastes vaguely of roasted brazil nuts...” Read full tasting note
    astrida 21 tasting notes
  • “Definitely an interesting Ceylon – not really what I was expected. Not even sure how to describe it. Yes light, yes a little brassy – but it’s deeper than that. Was really...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 950 tasting notes

From Le Palais des Thes

A beautiful tea, rich in buds.

Black tea from Sri Lanka. The liquor is amber, round and highly fragrant.

About Le Palais des Thes View company

Yesterday I went to a writing/meditation workshop and some interesting things came out of that, overall a very positive experience!

Scott B

Tea is kinda reassuring on cool, gloomy days. Not that I’ll know a cool, gloomy day til October or November.

Good to hear your workshop went well :)

TeaBrat

It was a little daunting because I had to write about what I would do if I had 30 days left on this Earth. Kind of difficult to face given what I’ve been dealing with lately.

ScottTeaMan

So glad it’s helping you Amy! :))

Checking the price of this tea and knowing the bad quality of the chinese tea from le palais des thes around this price range I expected the worse …

I made it Gong Fu style of course :-) so that if it’s bad, it’s gonna be undrinkable, what is life without risks huh ?
The leafs seemed small, so I used a zhong to filter those correctly (measured risks).

Boiling water, 3+gr, 1’00, 1’00, 2’00, 3’00 … I even tried 5’00, risks baby, risks.
The scent in the zhong is very nice, flower/chocolate. Hey, it’s actually good, who would have thought. The taste is great, it doesn’t linger in the throat or give any complexity but at least no off taste.

It’s not a great tea, but in this price range it’s a very interesting bargain for an everyday red tea. The last brewing, although weak, had still a slight malty taste – 5 brews, more than fair.

An ceylon tea with a whiff of lead pencil shavings mixed with roasted nuts in the pouch that evolves into a rich, slighty smoky, black tea powerhouse. It tastes vaguely of roasted brazil nuts tangled with bitter walnut, melded with a chocolately smoothness that lingers under a lightly floral top note. A delicious and strong tea that is perfect for morning, and well-paired with milk.

Definitely an interesting Ceylon – not really what I was expected. Not even sure how to describe it. Yes light, yes a little brassy – but it’s deeper than that. Was really happy to have had the opportunity to try it.
Thanks so much Sil for sharing.

i picked this one up while i was in Paris because of the reviews. I’m always up for trying ceylon’s that don’t seem to be like the ceylons that i don’t like. this does not disappoint. it still has a little of that brassy note to it like a lot of ceylons, but it’s also a juicy, malty note as well. An interesting cup, glad i took a shot on it

Terri HarpLady

Yeah, ceylon teas are rarely, if ever, on my list of teas that I love, but some of them are acceptable, at least.

i’ll send you some of this eventually

Terri HarpLady

Take your time…maybe new years, LOL

Terri HarpLady

I was just thinking that I should set a really decent sip down goal, and if I reach it by black friday I can buy tea with wild abandon, like the good old days ;)

TeaBrat

I wish I had more of this but I don’t want to order anything more from Le Palais des Thes…

@teabrat i can understand that. I’m not doing much of anything until i get past the wedding, but i could always send you some

To all my Steepsterites that don’t like Ceylon – try this tea!
This is now not only my favourite Ceylon, but also one of my favourite teas. It smells wonderful – rich, nutty, fruity, with a slight smokiness to it. It tastes like rich juicy plums, chewey nuts, and brand new office supplies – newly sharpened cedar pencils, a brand new notebook full of possibilities, a shiny new bag, waiting to be filled with all matter of goodness.
Yes, it is astringent, but in a wonderfully pleasant way.
A tea that is an experperience, filled with depth and taste.

TheTeaFairy

I love the fruitiness of a good Ceylon, I think it’s underrated and gets a bad wrap for all the cheap companies that are using it the wrong way.

Anna

Brand new office supplies – possibly my favourite thing ever.

Yes, I loved this too!