Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Teasaway

• “This tea was full of orchid aroma and sweet floral taste with a subtle vegetable note. There was no astringency and the aftertaste lingered long after each sip. One of the things I love about Dong...” Read full tasting note
    teaformeplease 76 tasting notes
  • “Dong Ding ... My first encounter with Dong Ding dates back to some years. I was very surprised when this friend arranged these tiny cups on the trail and poured that almost translucent water with...” Read full tasting note
    teasaway 9 tasting notes

From Le Palais des Thes

Intermediate fermentation: 30-40%. This tea which grows on the eponymous mountain, means “Icy peak”. It is considered by tea lovers to be one of Taiwan’s best. The leaf, which is pearly and moderately fermented, gives the liqueur a particular yellow-orange colour that is unique in the world of tea. Its scent is both silky and lively, its taste recalls the flowery side of the little fermented Wu Long (oolong) teas and also that of the fruitier, woodier Fancy teas. An exceptional crop.

About Le Palais des Thes View company

This tea was full of orchid aroma and sweet floral taste with a subtle vegetable note. There was no astringency and the aftertaste lingered long after each sip. One of the things I love about Dong Ding is that it is a marathon tea. I did five consecutive infusions and probably could have gone for more if bladder had been capable of holding that much tea.

JustJames

think i’d like to try this one!

Dong Ding … My first encounter with Dong Ding dates back to some years. I was very surprised when this friend arranged these tiny cups on the trail and poured that almost translucent water with this finest scent. From this experience I could only remember that sensation like drinking a piece of fine bakery, that wonderful feeling in the mouth, so flowery. I also remember how he was making fun of the name, trying to pronounce it with the right accent. Tung Tiing … So that stayed like a fantasy in my mind and I never tasted Dong Ding again.
Until two days ago, now that I am myself getting interested into teas and looking to explore all of them. My expectations had been high, once again, and I got deceived at first sip, once again.
But now, i know, it takes some cups to get acquainted with any tea. And after second steeping, it was all there. That feeling of light bakery in the mouth, the soft but inviting taste of fresh flower… It has become my number one tea in my cupboard, taking over LongJing. I also love how these tiny balls unfold to become these big nice leaves.
So I can just sit back, close my eyes and imagine that “frozen peak”. When I get there, I know I have found the perfect tea … for now …