The Des Amants Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by ssajami

• “I can't quite figure out what's wrong with this tea, but there is something very wrong with it for me. It's kind of *flat*, and I'd waver between diagnosing it as stale (except it's a new packet),...” Read full tasting note
    Hallieod 73 tasting notes
  • “MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm Happiness in a cup. Thank you *Hallieod* for sending me a sample of this. I'm not good at this tasting note thing. I write them more as a reminder to me what I thought,...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 697 tasting notes

From Le Palais des Thes

This even more sensuous version is sure to appeal to fans of Thé des Aments. A stunning blend of red tea, apple, almond, cinnamon and vanilla, spiced up with a hint of ginger.

About Le Palais des Thes View company

I can’t quite figure out what’s wrong with this tea, but there is something very wrong with it for me. It’s kind of flat, and I’d waver between diagnosing it as stale (except it’s a new packet), or that it contains badly mixed, cheap synthetic flavours (except that I was assured that PdT uses no artificial flavours). It’s not anything that makes me want to behave like Tom Hanks in BIG, on tasting caviare, but I’m not going to be eager to drink it either, though that mix should be a winner for me. Luckily, younger daughter likes it, so we’ll probably get through the packet easily enough, without my having to drink it.

cteresa

I am not too crazy about the PdT teas I have had. so not really surprised at your opinion of this.

Hallieod

I think it’s probably the worst I’ve bought from there, as smelling (and tasting whatever’s been brewed that day) has saved me from a few. But the only thing of theirs that really wowed me was the waaaaay expensive white I told you about. Wish we had some of the other fancy French tea sellers here instead!

LaFleurBleue

I’ve never had any teas from PdT which I found incredible. Their rooibos, especially, are all quite average, like there was something missing in there. The only one I might rebuy is Rooibos des Vahines, with vanilla and almond.

Hallieod

I’ll try to get a taste of that sometime in the shop, then. Thanks for the tip!

Ysaurella

I fully agree with cteresa and LaFleurBleue, Palais des Thés is not the best brand to my opinion neither- the 2 only exceptions for my taste are Thé du Hammamm and Thé du Hammamm black leaf.Now, to be fair (as I should be fair too with Kusmi teas) the vast majority of their blends are really decent, but the point is they are in competition with other more exceptional brands.

Ysaurella

erm…Hammam !No idea why I wanted to use such a profusion of M here :)

Hallieod

I like your M-enhanced spelling. :) Don’t think I’ve tried the Hammam yet, so I’ll keep an eye out for a taster. I quite like the Gout Russe 7 Agrumes, but that’s a seriously essential oil heavy tea, and it’s better using only about a third or a quarter of it to an unflavoured black.

I’m starting to take it personally that in Dublin we only have Palais des Thés and not those more exceptional brands. :P

MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm Happiness in a cup. Thank you Hallieod for sending me a sample of this.
I’m not good at this tasting note thing. I write them more as a reminder to me what I thought, then to explain to anyone else. In my world this is a cross between apple cider, apple pie, and something autumn/harvest that I can’t quite put my taste buds on (apple butterish). Normally I would have thought I would prefer a little tart in an apple tea. This isn’t tart, it’s sweet in almost a pastry sort of way – but not really. Maybe it more tastes like a bakery smells.
I’m at a loss for words, other than this is awesome.