Rooibos des Vahines

Rooibos Tea
Rooibos, Wood, Butter, Nuts, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by cteresa

From Le Palais des Thes

A delicious pairing of vanilla and almond against a delicate rooibos backdrop, for a warm and sophisticated blend. Sprinkled with pieces of vanilla pods, this tea entirely caffeine free may be enjoyed at any time of day or evening.

INFUSION TIME

TIME OF DAY
Evening

About Le Palais des Thes View company

Brewed in a big teapot.
Best rooibos I’ve ever tasted, very easy to brew. A taste of vanilla and almond.
The tea is oily and smooth.
Very good.

takgoti

I read an article not that long ago that featured Le Palais des Thes. All this gourmet French tea you log makes me want to try some, but this one in particular sounds divine.

Kaiten_Kenbu

If you want to try french teas I definitely recommand you Le Palais des Thes. I find their teas are cheaper and better than those from the most reknown Mariage and Damman.

I’ll add up to my review after a few more pots from this one.
On my bag, it says “A delicious rooibos, enlivened by marigold petals, evokes the tasty perfume of vanilla. Perfect in the evening.”
When opening the bag, it looks nice with the yellow petals. The taste of almond directly came to my mind and I was surprised not to see it mentioned. After brewing, the smell of almond is definitely still there. When drinking, it is actually the only taste that I can think of.
I like almonds. However I have the feeling that there is too much of it and that this overwhelming flavor kills all the others.
I’ll definitely look out for the missing vanilla next time and am convinced after 2 pots that I will have more than enough of it by the time the bag is finished.

LaFleurBleue

Upping my rating on this one.
Rooibos des Vahinés tend to grow on me, despite what I thought at first. I finally found the vanilla, though hidden behind the almond. My hubby only smell and taste the vanilla, not the almond, strange uh!
The rooibos base, to my opinion, is not as nice as Mariage Frères’ but is decent enough. I would not go to Le Palais des Thés just to buy this one, but in the not-subtly flavored rooibos category, it’s nice.
Very pleasant too cold. It’s my current evening ice tea.
In 2 months, I’ve already used more than 1/3rd of my bag, that’s rather a very good sign ;)

This sample came from Sara. I find myself liking rooibos (and caffeine-free in general) blends more and more recently for some reason. It’s interesting how tastes change. Anyway! Visually, this tea is just red rooibos with some yellow cornflower petals added in for flair. It smells vaguely vanilla-esque.

The steeped cup mostly smells of red rooibos, with a bit of an almond extract flavor added in. Hmm… It tastes like straight rooibos. There’s a little hint of an almond flavor at the end/aftertaste, but otherwise it’s just woody rooibos. Since I’m unsure how old this sample is, I’m going to withhold a rating. Sad face.

Flavors: Rooibos, Wood

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
TeaBrat

I used to hate rooibos and now I like it!

I have been drinking this tea for a couple of weeks, during my late study-evenings in Oslo. This tea has been a pleasant and regular company which I will not replace under any condition.
While i smell the dry tea leaves, the vanilla scent is dominant but in the background its like a bittersweet scent of almond.
I’ve mostly drunk this tea hot and I think it’s great mix between a sweet vanilla taste and bitter almond. Sometimes I think it’s a bit buttery and all the flavors is rolling on my tongue.

If i drink this one before I go to bed I feel relaxed and sleep very well.

Flavors: Butter, Nuts, Vanilla