Thé du Hammam

Fruit Green Blend
Grass
Edit tea info Last updated by Ysaurella

• “I believe this is the last of my samples to try from Le Palais de Thes. I do feel a slight sense of accomplishment but I haven't been wildly crazy about most of these teas. When I was trying this...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2164 tasting notes
  • “I am actually far more awake this morning than I probably will be this afternoon, so I am leading my day with a green tea even though I don't usually. This is one of the blends I was most...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1850 tasting notes
  • “This is from last spring swap with lovely *Ysaurella*. You would think it has lost its freshness by now, but nope, this is still very potent. I had enough to make a large pot tonight. It's like...” Read full tasting note
    TheTeaFairy 172 tasting notes
  • “First thanks to Palais des thés for this rare oriental tea. Why rare would you ask...because for one time we have a very oriental tea without any mint ! And this is an exploit! Green date is...” Read full tasting note
    Ysaurella 293 tasting notes

From Le Palais des Thes

Inspired by a Turkish recipe using green tea, Thé du Hammam is a fruity blend which evokes the fragrances used to perfume the hamman: roses, green dates, red fruit and orange flower water. Sprinkled with flower petals in the purest of eastern traditions, the tea’s extraordinary fragrance features a subtle combination of Chinese green tea, celebrated for its freshness and thirst-quenching properties, and rich fruit aromas.

About Le Palais des Thes View company

Exquisite!

Harmony of rose, orange flower, strawberry aroma over green tea. Each and every flavor is present yet very well balanced.

pyarkaaloo

i agree! i thought everything was quite balanced here & traces of different notes popped up here & there, but no one flavor dominated. i most definitely got strawberry from this as well! and a slight rosiness too, but nothing so flowery as to make it soapy.

srtasabelocasi

That’s what I love about it too! Deliciously floral without being soapy or sharp.

An exquisite flavored green tea. Light with balanced, nuanced flavors.

My mom picked some of this up at one of Le Palais des Thes’ NYC shops. This is my first time trying one of their teas, and I’m quite intrigued by the description of this blend in particular. I’ve never had tea flavored with either dates or orange blossom, and I’m quite curious to see how they’ll translate. Plus I love fruity and floral greens, especially iced in the summer.

This tea is quite fruity, in a rather generic way. I’m getting berries more than anything else, I think. I’m not tasting the rose, which is surprising since I usually find rose to be a strong flavor in teas. There’s a faint floral undertone, but it’s one I associate more with the orange blossom than with rose. I don’t taste anything I’d especially identify as date either, although there is a sweetness that is not unreminiscent of dates. I’m also noticing a faint vanilla undertone.

The base is nice – it’s quite light and neutral (in that it’s not too vegetal, seaweed-y, etc.), which is how I like my green bases. I’m not averse to stronger greens on their own, but when combined with fruits or florals (which are the profiles I go for in flavored greens) I find there’s too much of a sweet-savory flavor clash.

This tea reminds me a bit of Mariage Frères’ Bouddha Bleu, although I like this one quite a bit better. Both have strong, somewhat generic fruit flavors and hint at vanilla, but fortunately this combination isn’t translating to bubblegum here the way it does in MF BB.

I’m drinking this iced (brewed hot, then chilled), since it’s too hot to do otherwise at the moment. I’ll certainly be trying it hot when the weather allows though. I’m also thinking this might be a good candidate for cold-brewing.

the aroma is a mouthwatering mélange of dates & honey…when sipped, a truly delicious, fruity floral golden green tea, sprinkled with rose petals. i also get a definite strawberry note in this, so that takes care of the ‘red fruit’ at least in part. on the whole, no one note prevails save maybe the perfume imparted by a rich honey-date liqueur, but make no mistake, this isn’t thick or overly sweet. as Darjeeling can be likened to the champagne of black tea, so this is for green. taken without sugar, the infusion is dainty, elegant & graceful; the tartness of the fruits & green tea cut the otherwise gourmand aroma with astringent pragmatism, saving it from becoming what bitter purists might call a ¡confection! i imagine with honey this would be decadent. looking forward to try it that way & seeing this transform from Turkish delicacy into delight.

Very light, crisp, and refreshing. I really enjoy this tea iced. The green tea is great for people who aren’t necessarily big fans of the tea’s more verdant varieties. Love the flowers!

Very refreshing tea for daily use, can be drank warm or cold!

I got this from our swap at the Taste of France Festival, I think from greenteafairy. Thanks!

Alas, I think I let this one sit around too long. It’s beautiful – the dry leaf is interspersed with pink and yellow petals. The smell, both dry and brewed, is pleasantly floral. The floral aspect doesn’t translate much into the actual sip though. Mostly I’m getting a grassy flavor with a dry mouthfeel and just a hint of rose. Pleasant enough, but I don’t think this is at all what the tea was supposed to taste like. Shame. I’m not giving a rating, since it’s not the poor tea’s fault that I callously neglected it.

Hey by the way, another sipdown.

Thank you, Anna, for a sample of this tea!

This tea smells delicious as a dry leaf as well as a ready steep. Fruity and floral, delicate and mysterious.

Each sip gives you a slight shock at first because the Chinese green tea base seems to be pretty definite and strong. But then it studdenly smoothens out and you detect nearly everything that the aroma promised – fruity sweetness and blossoms. There’s a hint of some sort of candy, makes me think of a lollipop in particular :D It’s probably not the most complex cup but to hell with that. Fruity, refreshing, yummy. That’s all I need right now!

This tea is just perfect for a sunny late afternoon like the one I am enjoying now.

This tea immediately grabbed my attention with its sweet and fruity aroma(I wish my shampoo smelled this good)! After bringing the water to 170F, steeping for 3 minutes, and inhaling the sugary steam, my taste buds were surprisingly quiet. The tea’s vibrant fragrance dimmed in the space between my nose and tongue. The flavor is exceptionally light and breezy. The fruity scent mixes with the grassy taste and the image of strawberries comes to mind.

At best, I find this tea calming. At worst, boring. I guess you have to be in the right mood to appreciate it. The weather is quite gloomy today in Northern Virginia, strawberries and grass actually seems quite pleasant.

Flavors: Grass

I’m not normally a lover of green tea, but this one is superb. Immensley thirst quenching, it is satisfying and leaves you feeling fresh and replenished. Lovely!