Thé du Hammam

Flavouring, Green Tea, Mallow Flowers, Rose, Sunflowers
Berries, Orange, Rose, Grass
Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Le Palais des Thes

Inspired by a Turkish recipe using green tea, Thé du Hammam is a fruity blend which evokes the fragrances used to perfume the hamman: roses, green dates, red fruit and orange flower water. Sprinkled with flower petals in the purest of eastern traditions, the tea’s extraordinary fragrance features a subtle combination of Chinese green tea, celebrated for its freshness and thirst-quenching properties, and rich fruit aromas.

About Le Palais des Thes View company

Exquisite!

Harmony of rose, orange flower, strawberry aroma over green tea. Each and every flavor is present yet very well balanced.

pyarkaaloo

i agree! i thought everything was quite balanced here & traces of different notes popped up here & there, but no one flavor dominated. i most definitely got strawberry from this as well! and a slight rosiness too, but nothing so flowery as to make it soapy.

srtasabelocasi

That’s what I love about it too! Deliciously floral without being soapy or sharp.

An exquisite flavored green tea. Light with balanced, nuanced flavors.

My mom picked some of this up at one of Le Palais des Thes’ NYC shops. This is my first time trying one of their teas, and I’m quite intrigued by the description of this blend in particular. I’ve never had tea flavored with either dates or orange blossom, and I’m quite curious to see how they’ll translate. Plus I love fruity and floral greens, especially iced in the summer.

This tea is quite fruity, in a rather generic way. I’m getting berries more than anything else, I think. I’m not tasting the rose, which is surprising since I usually find rose to be a strong flavor in teas. There’s a faint floral undertone, but it’s one I associate more with the orange blossom than with rose. I don’t taste anything I’d especially identify as date either, although there is a sweetness that is not unreminiscent of dates. I’m also noticing a faint vanilla undertone.

The base is nice – it’s quite light and neutral (in that it’s not too vegetal, seaweed-y, etc.), which is how I like my green bases. I’m not averse to stronger greens on their own, but when combined with fruits or florals (which are the profiles I go for in flavored greens) I find there’s too much of a sweet-savory flavor clash.

This tea reminds me a bit of Mariage Frères’ Bouddha Bleu, although I like this one quite a bit better. Both have strong, somewhat generic fruit flavors and hint at vanilla, but fortunately this combination isn’t translating to bubblegum here the way it does in MF BB.

I’m drinking this iced (brewed hot, then chilled), since it’s too hot to do otherwise at the moment. I’ll certainly be trying it hot when the weather allows though. I’m also thinking this might be a good candidate for cold-brewing.

the aroma is a mouthwatering mélange of dates & honey…when sipped, a truly delicious, fruity floral golden green tea, sprinkled with rose petals. i also get a definite strawberry note in this, so that takes care of the ‘red fruit’ at least in part. on the whole, no one note prevails save maybe the perfume imparted by a rich honey-date liqueur, but make no mistake, this isn’t thick or overly sweet. as Darjeeling can be likened to the champagne of black tea, so this is for green. taken without sugar, the infusion is dainty, elegant & graceful; the tartness of the fruits & green tea cut the otherwise gourmand aroma with astringent pragmatism, saving it from becoming what bitter purists might call a ¡confection! i imagine with honey this would be decadent. looking forward to try it that way & seeing this transform from Turkish delicacy into delight.

Very light, crisp, and refreshing. I really enjoy this tea iced. The green tea is great for people who aren’t necessarily big fans of the tea’s more verdant varieties. Love the flowers!

Very refreshing tea for daily use, can be drank warm or cold!

Not sure how I forgot about this cold steeping in the fridge… but, I forgot.
This steeped for over 30 hours!
However, for whatever reason this taste creamy with a hint of berry. I quite fancy it.

I have never used the word fancy in a tasting note so now I feel more accomplished today.
The end.

I bought this tea before Christmas from my local Home Goods, which frequently has an amazing selection of bagged and loose tea. I just got home from the city, and I decided to make this in my new tea tumbler. I got it from World Market on sale. I had been wanting to get it for a while. It’s very similar but smaller to the tumbler from Mandala. As I’m writing this, I’m listening to my parent’s dog patter around the house. The dog is now living with me and my grandmother as my sister just found out she has pet allergies. Back on topic. This tea is really nice. It’s a very light green tea, accompanied by a floral taste. I really enjoy floral teas, so this is perfect for me. I can definitely taste the orange flower and rose. This makes me really want to try the The du Hammam black blend. Unfortunately, I really don’t care for the price, so I doubt I’ll buy any. I’ll savor this while it lasts.

Flavors: Berries, Orange, Rose

The Cookie Lady

Ooooo I didn’t know Home Goods sold tea! I’ll be checking mine out this weekend then! Thanks for the tip :)

OMara

My Home Goods is combined with a TJMax. I don’t know if that makes a difference. The tea, bagged and loose, is near the coffee.

This tastes like spring. Flowers and fruit. You’d never know it was supposed to snow tomorrow afternoon. I am a fan, though I can tell it doesn’t take well to oversteeping or overleafing, it gets a bit bitter. For now, I will think of it and not about the fact that it is 23 degrees outside and real winter is here and there are small amounts of snow predicted 3 times in the 10 day forecast. Snow season is here, and I have very mixed feelings about that.

Another double-strength brew, using two of the PdT sachets, then poured over ice. Once again, I find that these flavored greens taste better cold. I’ll be finishing my remainders using this method but will not restock The du Hammam. Summertime is waning fast…