Thé du Hammam

Flavouring, Green Tea, Mallow Flowers, Rose, Sunflowers
Berries, Grass
Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “I believe this is the last of my samples to try from Le Palais de Thes. I do feel a slight sense of accomplishment but I haven't been wildly crazy about most of these teas. When I was trying this...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2542 tasting notes
  • “I am actually far more awake this morning than I probably will be this afternoon, so I am leading my day with a green tea even though I don't usually. This is one of the blends I was most...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2007 tasting notes
  • “This is from last spring swap with lovely *Ysaurella*. You would think it has lost its freshness by now, but nope, this is still very potent. I had enough to make a large pot tonight. It's like...” Read full tasting note
    TheTeaFairy 412 tasting notes
  • “First thanks to Palais des thés for this rare oriental tea. Why rare would you ask...because for one time we have a very oriental tea without any mint ! And this is an exploit! Green date is...” Read full tasting note
    Ysaurella 379 tasting notes

From Le Palais des Thes

Inspired by a Turkish recipe using green tea, Thé du Hammam is a fruity blend which evokes the fragrances used to perfume the hamman: roses, green dates, red fruit and orange flower water. Sprinkled with flower petals in the purest of eastern traditions, the tea’s extraordinary fragrance features a subtle combination of Chinese green tea, celebrated for its freshness and thirst-quenching properties, and rich fruit aromas.

About Le Palais des Thes View company

This tea immediately grabbed my attention with its sweet and fruity aroma(I wish my shampoo smelled this good)! After bringing the water to 170F, steeping for 3 minutes, and inhaling the sugary steam, my taste buds were surprisingly quiet. The tea’s vibrant fragrance dimmed in the space between my nose and tongue. The flavor is exceptionally light and breezy. The fruity scent mixes with the grassy taste and the image of strawberries comes to mind.

At best, I find this tea calming. At worst, boring. I guess you have to be in the right mood to appreciate it. The weather is quite gloomy today in Northern Virginia, strawberries and grass actually seems quite pleasant.

Flavors: Grass

I’m not normally a lover of green tea, but this one is superb. Immensley thirst quenching, it is satisfying and leaves you feeling fresh and replenished. Lovely!

This is an ideal afternoon tea. I like the combination of fruit and flower with the green base.

I LOVE THIS TEA! It smells beautiful. Even my super picky boyfriend who is new to tea loves this tea. It is fruity and clean, but doesn’t smell artificial to me. It is intensely strawberry, and citrus-y. Amazing, and will probably be delicious cold.

One of my all-time favourite teas – it has made Le Palais an essential stop on every trip to Paris. Blissfully fragrant and wonderfully relaxing. This is one tea that I always infuse at least twice, to extract every bit of flavour out of the leaves.

The green tea base is too present for my taste, the base is the same for all Le palais des thes’s green teas.
I preferred the roobios version, same taste but without the green base.
Brewed at 80°C

One of my favourite teas, fresh and tasty.