Pear (La Poire)

Green Tea
Astringent, Grass, Pear, Sweet
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From Le Palais des Thes

Pear combines the refreshing flavor of a superb Mao Feng green tea, harvested in China, with the delicate flavor of pear. It will delight the most discerning connoisseurs of flavored tea!

About Le Palais des Thes View company

I’ve been ridiculously busy – lousy timing, since I have samples from the ever-amazing Ysaurella that I want to try and write elaborate tasting notes for, but, alas, no such luck.

Okay, so looking back at the previous notes for this, I’ve really fiddled about with the rating. And it’s seemingly a never-ending story, because I’m going to nudge it back up to 90. I love this tea, and until I find a better pear tea (if ever) I want to keep it around.

The leaf is beautiful, the tea itself is fresh and clean and natural-tasting, and I enjoy it very much.

So much, in fact, that this tasting note will have to cover the four cups I’ve had over the course of the past two days.

TheTeaFairy

Love me some juicy pear tea :-)

Rachel Sincere

Pear Spice from Fava Tea is very good as well!

Anna

Rachel – that’s a black tea, though, right? And someone should write a tasting note for that one!

Dag Wedin

Oh i love pear. This i will make sure to include in my next order from LPDT. And their lovely matcha candy of course ;)

Anna

Oh, awesome, Dag – I hope you’ll like it. I want to try some more of their teas. The vanilla green could be better, but the Hammam teas, both the green and the rooibos, are excellent.

Ana

I love pear so i should really take the dive. I’ve been wanting to try LPDT anyway.

Anna

If you do try it, I think playing around a bit with the suggested temp/steeping time is worth it with this one.

For me, 90C/2 min tastes most deliciously pearful, but I’m sure that’s highly individual.

Aaaaah pear tea I haven’t tried! Aaaaaaah

Ysaurella

+1 Sil :)

Anna

Sil/Ysaurella: I laughed so hard at this.

Rachel Sincere

Anna, yes, it’s a black tea. I am going to have to rectify the tasting note issue soon! :-)

This one was hiding from me, too!

I’m not sure why but Pear teas are tricky lil buggers! I find most of them aren’t great. Either they are ‘nothing like pear’ and/or artificial tasting and/or OVER DONE.

This one, however, smells adorable! Let’s see if it tastes good, too!

It IS pretty good! It’s not OVERLY Pear but it seems to be more TRUE tasting so that is appreciated! It has a floral-pear combo going on. The green tea base is top-notch! It’s also kind of brothy.

This is good hot and looking forward to it cold/iced :)

This is one of the teas from my Palais des Thés samplers from MyHabit. Visually, it’s very pretty – there are thin, twisted green leaves mixed with lots of yellow flower petals and a few pieces of dried pear. Unfortunately mine seems to have been contaminated from being packaged next to the Glacial Mint… There’s a distinct and strong peppermint smell that’s mostly covering the sweet pear. This makes me somewhat angry, since it’s the company’s fault and not mine, and they’re in metal tins but there was somehow still contamination… I can only hope this doesn’t extend to the taste. I steeped a heaping teaspoon of leaf for 3 minutes at 175 degrees.

Well… The tea liquid itself doesn’t really smell minty, it smells like sweet pears. Ugh. The taste is rather weak for some reason, even though I slightly overleafed. Unfortunately, I can taste a bit of peppermint, and it’s definitely distracting. The pear flavor seems to be fairly nice and authentic. The base get slightly bitter near the end of the sip and it’s also slightly astringent.

I guess I shouldn’t rate this since clearly my sample is not representative of the tea as a whole… :(

Flavors: Astringent, Grass, Pear, Sweet