Edit tea info Last updated by Dustin

From Le Palais des Thes

Product description not available yet.

About Le Palais des Thes View company

Earlier today I read Cteresa’s notes about a violet tea and it made me want to drink one too. I’m so impressionable when it comes to food and drinks!

The sweet scent of violets is overwhelming when I open the bag of this tea and take a whiff! It smells amazing. I have had this tea a few times before and enjoyed it, but I guess I have neglected to write a note. I just ate some Indian food, so that is competing a bit which is unfortunate. The first few sips were a little bitter. Le Palais suggests a 4-5m steeping time, but I think that could be lessened a little for the first steep. Aside from possibly over steeping, the tea is pretty evenly flavored. When I sweeten it, it tastes just like violet candies. It is a very lovely flavor for those who are fans of floral (which I am). I do appreciate this tea being only violet, but I’m curious what else would pair well with it. It is the only violet tea I have tried I don’t have much to compare it to, but I like this tea. It is a good thing too since the minimum purchase amount was a pretty large bag! I’ll be sipping on this one for a while.

I’ve been curious to try a violet tea ever since I joined Steepster and realized they existed, and I’m very grateful to Dustin for letting me sample this one! It does, as Dustin says, taste like violet candies, which is about what I expected. And I like violet candies pretty well—not all the time, but once in a while. The violet is strong, but not too strong and perfume-like. I’m just not sure that the base works very well with the intense floral, though—it’s sort of malty and almost chocolatey, and it makes for a weird combination with violet. I think something lighter—some delicate green, or maybe even a white (though I’m not generally fond of those) or a green oolong (same, although Butiki’s lamented Rose Violet Calendula Oolong was wonderful)—would have worked better for me. I’m enjoying my cup pretty well, but I can’t quite get past the discordant notes I’m picking up on.