Fleur de Geisha

Green Tea
Flowers, Fruit Tree Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by teaplz

• “I brewed this tea "blindly" - that is to say, I simply grabbed the tin (from the gift set) knowing only that it was a green tea, but not what flavor it was. When I smelled the dry leaf, I knew it...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4231 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown, 155. Cold brew. I actually have a little bit of this left, but I have no desire to drink the rest of it and it's not really enough to swap. Cold brewed, this tea was overly perfumy and...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1855 tasting notes
  • “Another flavored green from my Palias de Thes gift set... I steeped this at 3 minutes at 170 F and found it to be quite unremarkable so it will be hard for me to review this one. :) The base of...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2179 tasting notes
  • “This is the oddest tea. I brewed it hot - it was quite unimpressive. Good enough green flavor, didn't get much cherry. Maybe it shows how unremarkable it was, that I didn't finish the cup, leaving...” Read full tasting note
    ssajami 137 tasting notes

From Le Palais des Thes

Inspired by the Japanese Hanami tradition of viewing cherry trees in blossom, Fleur de Geisha is a refined combination of Japanese green tea, delicately flavoured with cherry blossom.

About Le Palais des Thes View company

I brewed up a pot of this to have with a friend over breakfast yesterday. I first had this tea when living in Strasbourg, France, and still had an unopened package that I brought back then. I love the wonderful cherry blossom flavor of this tea, and get cravings for it now and again. I agree with others that it is better slightly cooled, as the cherry blossom flavor comes out more. The real key, however, is to carefully observe that you’re making it at proper green tea temperature (i.e. not boiling) and the flavor should still be prominent to taste. Otherwise, the green tea becomes too bitter and overpowers the cherry blossom taste. This tea is so sweet all on its own that I rarely add sweetener.

I got a sample that I cold brewed. So. Perfumed. My boyfriend liked it pretty well, but he doesn’t like much tea. I just hated how overwhelmingly scented it was.

Flavors: Flowers

Iced 8 min or more

The floral scent of the tea (before steeping) instantly reminded me of the glacé apricot snacks I had in China, but more pleasantly delicate and subtle – turned out it was cherry blossom instead of apricot. (a quick wikipedia search showed both are part of the Prunus family – I don’t know the scent of cherry blossom well enough to identify it so apricot was a wild guess that coincidentally landed near the target…?) As its name suggests, the tea pays proper respect to the Japanese culture where luscious and bold expressions are considered disgraceful for women whereas silence and obedience are celebrated virtues.

This tea is great for meditation in solitude – the taste is so light you almost don’t realize its presence. But you will definitely notice its absence because you’d miss the fragrance from the back of your throat every time you breathe out – it brings forth the unique freshness from blooming plants (not merely the simple pink sweetness you get from flowers, but with more exuberance – like bamboos growing after a night of rain) – I can’t quite describe freshness as a flavor but I guess it would just be like the way water is not tasteless and sunshine is not colorless.

Perhaps my least favorite of all the teas made by this company. The cherry scent of this tea is so dominant that the green tea underneath it, gets nearly entirely lost. I find it like the ‘cherry coke’ of green teas. TOO MUCH CHERRY. Then again, if you’re a huge fan of cherry coke, this tea might be for you.

I liked the rather fine taste of the green tea. I noticed it was very important to limit the brewing strictly under 3 mns, as the tea turned bitter quickly otherwise.
It’s definitely not a breakfast tea according to my taste.
The cherry blossom flavor was nice, though on the long run I got weary about it : too strong, a bit too artificial. I personally did not relish the taste of this tea once it turned cold and tried each time to drink my teapot as soon as possible.
I honestly had some difficulty to finish the second-half of the 100 g pack I had bought and will not buy it again, hence my average rating.

Basic green tea, a little bit of acidity and a cherry taste.
The green tea used for the base is ok.

Brewed at 80°C